Director of Membership
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the investor’s strategies. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
For more information, please visit: www.thegiin.org
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The GIIN is looking to hire a Director of Membership to lead the strategy, management, impact, and growth of the GIIN’s global membership programs, a critical component of the organization’s broader efforts to build the field of impact investing. The GIIN has two main membership offerings, as described below:
• The Investors’ Council is an exclusive leadership group for active large-scale impact investors. Comprising asset owners and asset managers with diverse interests across sectors and geographies, the Investors\’ Council provides a forum for experienced impact investors to strengthen the practice of impact investing and accelerate learning about new areas in the field. As leaders, Investors\’ Council members also participate in field-building activities such as infrastructure development and research to advance the broader impact investing industry.
• Network Membership is for organizations interested in deepening their engagement with the impact investing industry. Members of the GIIN are connected to a thriving peer community and gain formal access to industry information, tools, and resources. Members periodically meet at events and through virtual convenings, and receive tutorials on tools designed to strengthen their impact investment practices.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly strategic, seasoned leader to influence the growth and development of a global community of impact investors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategy and Planning
• Lead the development and ongoing refinement of the GIIN’s membership services strategy, ensuring responsiveness to the market and alignment with organizational strategy
• Oversee translation of strategy into operational plans that are focused and feasible; set and implement short-term and long-term milestones and goals for the membership team
• Oversee the growth of the network and member recruitment, including defining strategy, leading recruitment efforts, and maintaining a healthy pipeline of potential members
• Work with colleagues across GIIN initiatives to identify meaningful opportunities for collaboration
• Serve as a member of the senior management team, contributing to the development of organizational strategy
Program and Relationship Management
• Oversee the creation and delivery of high-quality programming and other services that reflect the needs and interests of members
• Identify opportunities to activate the GIIN’s membership to contribute to the advancement of the broader impact investing field
• Manage relationships with senior-level stakeholders at member organizations in collaboration with team members
• Represent the GIIN in meetings with stakeholders and at industry events, in both individual and group settings
• Supervise and coordinate the work of the membership team of seven full-time staff members
• Manage evolution of team structure to achieve program goals
• Manage staff to achieve objectives and continuously improve the engagement and effectiveness of GIIN members
• Facilitate team decision-making
• Coach and assist staff in setting and achieving professional development goals
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience
• Exceptional strategic thinking skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity
• Strong knowledge of investment issues and processes, including impact investing and related strategies
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders across different geographies
• Experience leading and managing teams with a high standard of excellence and accountability
• Experience serving on senior management / leadership team ideal, but not required.
• Experience in the membership services context and/or network management ideal, but not required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging presence, along with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
• Passion for addressing social and environmental challenges and an appreciation for the power of investment capital to play a catalytic role in this process
• Entrepreneurial style, with an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in Business, Finance, Public Policy or related field preferred
FLEXIBILITY: Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16, 2018.
State “Membership_Director_First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please note that the GIIN is not in a position to sponsor work visas.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.