Director of Nursing
- Friends Without A Border
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- ApplicationPlease email a cover letter, resume and three references from past employers to firstname.lastname@example.orgOnly short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
Position Available: Nursing Director
Institution: Lao Friends Hospital for Children
Location: Luang Prabang, Lao PDR
Date posted: October, 2015
Starting Date: January 2016
Period: Two year contract preferred
Friends Without A Border (Friends) is a New York based non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare to the underserved children of Southeast Asia. In 1999 Friends built and established Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Friends latest project is the Lao Friends Hospital for Children (LFHC) in Luang Prabang, Lao PDR, which is a pediatric hospital newly opened in February 2015, partnering with the Luang Prabang Provincial Hospital (LPPH).
LFHC is a teaching hospital with inpatient and outpatient services, radiology, pharmacy and outreach services open. Emergency, intensive care and surgery services will be progressively opened over the coming months. LFHC will also develop programs aimed at training hundreds of Laotian healthcare workers, reaching out to the community to teach health promotion and disease prevention and providing high-quality and compassionate care to the children of Laos
The Nursing Director’s (ND) primary function is managing the nursing team. Including administration, recruitment and clinical education of the nurses at LFHC. This includes supervision of pediatric medical care, clinical rounds, and the design and implementation of didactic lectures, making of rosters, interviewing and hiring nurses, training in practical skills as well as mentorship. The ND also assists in the design and implementation of clinical guidelines with the medical director and executive director. The ND works closely with the logistics team, providing the clinical role in the procurement department. The position requires a minimum of one year commitment to live and work in Luang Prabang, one of the most beautiful and pleasant towns in Southeast Asia.
• Nursing training: RN with recent pediatric clinical experience in a hospital setting, essential.
• International experience in providing pediatric nursing care, strongly preferred
• Experience in teaching RNs in a developing setting with English as a second language, strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Laotian people and culture (or of Southeast Asia), strongly preferred
• Ability to interact with people from various countries and backgrounds with tact, diplomacy and poise
• Demonstrated leadership, strong organizational skills, integrity, and a confidence–inspiring attitude
• Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to our patients and families, while achieving the strategic and operational goals of LFHC
• Flexibility and ability to work effectively in a varied and dynamic team
• The position is open early 2016 (preference for January).
Salary and Benefits
Housing allowance; travel allowance; and salary competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references from past employers to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.