Director of Strategic Growth
- Global Glimpse
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1gzPsnV
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse believes that first-hand exposure to different countries, cultures and people is one of the most powerful educational experiences one can have. We believe this exposure is essential for ensuring young Americans of all backgrounds will think and act as responsible global citizens.
As one of the only organizations making experiential global education accessible to all, our innovative model uniquely positions us to be able to deliver economically and ethnically diverse experiences. Most Global Glimpse students are from low-income families in underserved communities, and so receive significant scholarships to participate in our programs.
Through after-school workshops and 3-week immersion programs in the developing world, we expose our students to meaningful experiences that unlock their potential to influence change on a local and global scale.
- Founded in the Bay Area in 2007, we have since grown to NYC and Chicago.
- We partnered with over 50 public high schools and grew to serve 750 students annually.
- We’re scaling quickly and on track to serve 1000 students annually by 2017 and 20,000 by 2024.
- Check out featured stories about our work in the Chicago Tribune, Forbes, The Atlantic, the SF Biz Times, and theWework Magazine.
ABOUT OUR MODEL
Global Glimpse is committed to serving youth from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. More than 50% of our students are low income and 30% live below the US poverty line. To demonstrate our commitment to diversity, our students receive various levels of scholarship support based on family income and local economy.
Fees paid by middle and upper income students provide a sustainable source of funding that allows Global Glimpse to continue to offer the highest quality global education, leadership development, and service learning programs to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Strategic Growth will secure and nurture strong, lasting partnerships with middle and upper income high schools in the New York region. This is mission-critical as we grow and expand our impact. You will have a comprehensive understanding of how to build and manage an effective sales funnel – from sourcing to close – while creatively leveraging marketing. As a highly self-motivated individual, you thrive in ambiguous environments and get energized by the inherent challenges of business development.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS ROLE…
The Outcomes From Your Work In This Role
- Your creative ideas and hustle will directly contribute to giving youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective on the world and develop the motivation, resiliency, and confidence to tackle challenges in their communities and in their lives.
- You will be a key leader in creating long-term value, stability, and growth for our organization, which allows us to positively influence students’ lives.
- You will join an innovative and nimble team that is uniquely positioned to make a meaningful impact on the quality and accessibility of global experiential learning.
- You will help shape a young and ambitious organization on a rapid growth trajectory.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will hone your ability to develop, build, and execute on an effective and successful pipeline.
- You will establish and grow connections and partnerships with other action-oriented NYC education change agents.
- You will fine tune your ability to nurture and manage existing relationships that will translate into repeat and new business.
- You will create unique marketing approaches that engage stakeholders and drive business development.
- You will continue to develop and grow your leadership skills and influence as you constantly test and refine your closing strategies with potential partner schools.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
- You will receive a comprehensive and growing benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, 20 days PTO, and cell phone reimbursement.
- You will receive support and encouragement to experiment with new ideas and strategies, grow as a professional, and chart your own path in a fast-growing organization.
- You will join a work hard, play hard environment that strikes a great balance between professional and casual.
- You will become a part of a team that is as supportive of you in your personal life as they are in your professional life.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Developing collateral and media to effectively market the Global Glimpse program to middle and upper income high schools
- Developing a system to incentivize Global Glimpse supporters, alumni, alumni families, past leaders, advisory board, board members, donors etc. to support recruitment of new middle and upper income high schools
- Focusing primarily on a target list of schools who can most immediately benefit from our help (generally upper-income high schools in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey).
- Being strategic with your time, connecting virtually when appropriate and engaging face-to-face when necessary.
- Mind-melding with educators and school administrators by building personal relationships, attending events, and being an authentic, genuine member of the school ecosystem and community.
- Securing new partnerships with schools in target demographics on a consistent basis to achieve recruitment goals for the New York region
- Developing programming to keep schools in the pipeline and current partner schools intellectually engaged in Global Glimpse’s work
- Leveraging strong relationships with key stakeholders at current upper and middle income partner high schools to recruit new partners
- Reporting annually to administrators and district supervisors outlining the positive impacts of the Global Glimpse program in the school
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- 3-5 years of sales and marketing experience in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills, someone who keeps a pulse on their pipeline through effective multi-tasking and organization
- Strong communication skills and who can represent Global Glimpse with poise and confidence
- Personal international travel experience and a genuine passion for creating similar experiences for others
- A master connector, someone who thrives on vetting and building relationships
- Resilient, antifragile, and driven by achieving ambitious goals
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, and creative when overcoming challenges and achieving key metrics
- Motivated and inspired by Global Glimpse’s mission
- You have experience in the K-12 education and/or travel markets
- You have a strong network in private/public education circles and suburban communities in New York, Northern New Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, and Southern Connecticut
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. Priority will be given to applicants who apply by 11:59pm PST on Monday, August 3rd. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by Global Glimpse leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You will be invited to join our growing team in New York, NY. You will receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your application!