Director of Strategy and Operations, Center for Financial Inclusion
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion (CFI) seeks a Director of Strategy and Operations who will act as the Chief of Staff, reporting to the Managing Director of CFI. This position will enable CFI to make important contributions to financial inclusion by ensuring that it runs smoothly, fulfills its commitments and develops and implements creative programs. The Director will work closely with the CFI’s Managing Director and senior staff and will interact with all CFI’s staff and many of the staff from Accion’s other departments. The ideal candidate will have a clear perspective on how global financial inclusion can advance alongside excellent organizational and management skills.
About The Center for Financial Inclusion:
The Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion is an action-oriented think tank that engages and challenges the financial inclusion industry to better serve, protect and empower clients. We develop insights, advocate on behalf of clients and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve a comprehensive vision for financial inclusion. We are dedicated to enabling 3 billion people underserved by the current financial sector to improve their lives.
PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
– Partner with program managers to help them identify, develop and plan new projects
– Check in regularly with program managers to ensure that projects are on track and commitments to donors are being fulfilled
– Responsible for promoting staff engagement and open communications; identifying personnel issues as they arise and work with Human Resources Department to resolve them
– Facilitate regular staff meetings, check-ins and annual retreat
– Oversee workforce development: including identifying staffing needs, recruitment and onboarding of new staff, and development/growth of existing staff
– Spearhead CFI’s annual planning, including: departmental budgeting,goal-setting and monitoring process
– Manage operational challenges as they arise, such as donor reporting, contractor payment, budget adjustments, etc.
– Responsible for creation and delivery of board and management reports
– Review and approve departmental timesheets and expense reports
– Step in as Acting Managing Director as needed.
– Maintain a leading role in design and communication of CFI’s goals and strategies
– Promote CFI content of research and projects through external speaking engagements and the regular sourcing and creation of blogs.
– Develop relationships for CFI with key financial inclusion stakeholders
– Liaise with other departments within Accion to promote cross-collaboration.
CFI ADVISORY COUNCIL (a group of high level participants from across the financial inclusion arena who provide strategic advice and direction for the Center)
– Act as liaison to the Advisory Council, ensure that the Council functions well as a source of strategic advice and support for CFI
– Plan Council meetings (twice a year), prepare briefing packets, and follow up action items after meetings
– Develop relationships with members; identify opportunities for their involvement with CFI
Identify and assist in recruiting new members as needed
– Maintain regular communications with members to ensure they are informed on CFI activities
– Master’s degree strongly preferred.
– Minimum 10 years of progressive experience (including international) in relevant field such as financial inclusion, financial consumer protection, microfinance, inclusive banking, fintech.
– Demonstrated contributions to thought leadership in chosen field
– Excellent project planning and management; budget management experience
– Organized, attentive to detail; follows-up and meets deadlines
– Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
– English is required; a second language is a plus.
– Willingness to travel about 15-20% of the time.
– Demonstrated commitment to Accion’s values: excellence, respect and passion for social change
Please, apply directly at https://jobs-accion.icims.com/