Director, Operations & Investor Relations
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Our team is growing, and we’re now hiring a talented and experienced legal professional to join our team in Arusha, Tanzania as an International Transactions Legal Fellow.
The International Transactions Legal Fellow will report to the Chief Counsel and play a key role in helping SunFunder’s lending team close transactions with solar companies. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all loans are negotiated and documented properly and will work with the lending team to ensure the new legal policies and processes are implemented.
– Conduct a comprehensive review of existing loan agreements, updating loan templates and making necessary revisions or amendments.
– Work with lending team to assist in negotiating loan agreements with new solar customers and capturing transaction specifics in deal documentation.
– Work with local counsel to ensure all security and collateral is properly documented, registered and perfected.
– Develop legal processes for lending team to follow when finalizing a transaction with a solar customer.
– Draft and review various corporate policies.
– Perform background research and general office tasks as requested.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
– J.D and 1-3 years legal experience
– Prior knowledge/familiarity with debt and security documentation
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills
– Ability to translate complex legal issues into terms understandable by non-legal professionals
– Prior experience living overseas preferred
– Ability to work well with people from different countries and cultures (SunFunder’s staff includes over 11 nationalities)
– A good sense of humor, willingness to challenge the way we’re doing things, able to thrive and be resilient in a rapidly changing environment
– Passionate commitment to creating social, environmental and economic impact through innovative finance
– Willingness to “get your hands dirty” and perform unglamorous roles from time to time
– Other qualities that are important to us include: independent, accomplished, organized, detail oriented, results-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, intellectually curious, low-ego, passion.
The fellowship in Arusha will begin ideally in April/May 2016 and extend for one year. If everything goes well, there is a possibility of a full-time associate position located in DC once the fellowship concludes.
Please visit http://sunfunder.com/careers for application information.