Director, Recruitment and Admissions
- Global Citizen Year
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
DIRECTOR, RECRUITMENT AND ADMISSIONS
- Design and implement comprehensive recruitment and admissions strategies
- Devise a direct outreach campaign within 1-2 regional geographies that target both applicants (high school students) and the adults, mentors, administrators, and teachers that influence that population.
- Craft a strategy to cultivate key stakeholders who influence students and parents within our target geographies.
- Develop marketing collateral and resources to build awareness of Global Citizen Year within our target geographies and more broadly.
- Scrutinize the current admissions process in order to improve its mechanics (e.g. the application, staff/alumni involvement in interviews, clearance).
- Examine selection criteria to ensure the admissions process is optimized to admit those candidates most likely to maximize our core fellowship.
- Build a strategy to determine how to best engage Global Citizen Year alumni and incorporate them into recruitment efforts.
- Manage, coach, and develop the recruitment and admissions team
- Manage 3-4 direct reports and an overall team of 4-5, spanning recruitment, admissions, alumni engagement, and content development.
- Build strong team culture and ensure the entire staff is normed on our recruitment goals, selection criteria and admissions process.
- Analyze progress and systems for sustainability/scalability
- Design a system for tracking progress that includes key data points, and supports the ability to evaluate success mid-stream and respond accordingly.
- Strategize with the team to help create a recruitment plan that is scalable and transferable from 1-2 geographies across the country.
- Make recommendations for how best to invest in recruitment and admissions in future years.
You are entrepreneurial and creative. You are entrepreneurial and enterprising in all the right ways. You recognize opportunities where others may not, and then maximize them to their full potential. You approach situations creatively and are always willing to try something new. You have a knack for strengthening processes to improve quality and efficiency.
You love putting others in a position to excel. You understand a manager must simultaneously set clear vision and allow team members the space to realize it. You ask the right questions at the right times. You monitor progress appropriately without stepping on toes. You derive genuine joy from seeing your team reach its goals and your people learn and grow.
You are a systems thinker. You know that innovation requires building strong systems. You’re diligent about maintaining accurate, up-to-date records because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision-making.
You think two moves ahead. You are able to see the forest through the trees to ensure your path serves your end goal. Your ability to focus on execution and simultaneously reflect on process gives you the ability to change course mid stream.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5-7 years relevant professional experience required, including team management
- Experience with nonprofit recruitment and/or sales strongly preferred
- Experience living/working in the developing world preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft Office preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated passion for Global Citizen Year’s mission and alignment with its values
- Superb communication skills across all mediums
- Professional poise and polish working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- A strong work ethic, with a desire to go above and beyond standard expectations
- Exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skill
To apply: Please go HERE for complete job description and application.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K match. Flexible vacation policy and a great work environment with passionate, talented co-workers.
Location: Oakland, CA
Start Date: September 2015