Director, Strategic Partnerships
- Pro Mujer, International
- Mexico, NYC (Flexible)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Shon Morris
The mission of Pro Mujer is to provide poor women in Latin America with the means to build livelihoods for themselves and futures for their families through financial services, business training, and health care support. We believe that when you invest in women, you invest in the future. Women are the key to breaking the cycle of poverty. Given the right opportunities, women become agents of change.
About Pro Mujer
Pro Mujer helps poor women in Latin America transform their own lives and lift their families out of poverty through a unique and effective combination of services that include micro-loans, business training, health support, and empowerment training. Founded in 1990 in La Paz, Bolivia, Pro Mujer is headquartered in New York City and has grown to a staff of nearly 2,100 employees. Pro Mujer currently operates in five countries—Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru—serving more than 285,000 women and their families. Since its inception, Pro Mujer has disbursed more than $1 billion dollars in small loans and served more than 1.6 million women and have an impact on 6.4 million children. In addition to increasing the number of women served, Pro Mujer is developing innovative new financial products, rolling out a financially sustainable health program and building our capacity to meet the evolving needs of the women we serve.
To learn more about Pro Mujer, please visit our website.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to use her/hid skill set to enhance our organization and help make the world a better place. S/he will be a self-starter who thrives on working with smart, committed colleagues in the US and Latin America in an organization where his/her opinions are heard and valued. A sense of humor is a must, as is the need to feel comfortable working in an environment where the best solution is not always the most obvious one.
Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will secure and develop partnerships with corporate and private donors and investors that support the economic empowerment of women in Latin America. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be a crucial member of the Pro Mujer business and resource development team.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will lead the design of innovative and technology-enabled program solutions in financial inclusion, health, entrepreneurship and digital literacy in conjunction with the Strategic Partnership team and Country Directors and will identify funding and partnering opportunities for Pro Mujer throughout Latin America.
• Lead strategy for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting funding from corporate donors, foundations, investors and other strategic partners
• Work with the Chief Relationship Officer to develop a donor and investor pipeline
• Retain and advance current partnerships to increase funding and identify new donor and investor relationships to increase revenue for Pro Mujer
• Work with program and country staff on the design and development of the technical approach (including contributing to writing of the technical approach and managing the overall proposal process)
• Coordinate closely with the Finance team on cost proposal preparation
• Master’s degree required.
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• 10+ years of experience in strategic partnerships.
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts.
• Knowledge and experience design programs focused on technology for development, financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, digital literacy and /or health.
• Superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills that appeal successfully to a variety of constituencies
• Experience contributing to or developing expense and revenue budgets.
• Outstanding team contributor in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
• Strong sense of ethics. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive donor information with care.
• Flexible and open to new approaches and/or changes in priorities.
• A desire to improve the quality of life of women from impoverished communities in Latin America.
To apply, please submit to HR@PROMUJER.org your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, salary expectations and the name of the site where you heard about the position. Any applications sent directly to Pro Mujer staff will be disqualified.