Division Director: Post-Conflict and Territorial Development
- Fundación Capital
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
What are we offering?
Fundación Capital is currently seeking a Director of the Post-conflict and Territorial Development Division to develop, execute and grow the activities of our organization in this area. We are looking for an outstanding professional with at least eight years of accredited professional experience in international development and conflict and post-conflict issues. S/he will work from our office in Bogota (Colombia), reporting directly to the Vice-president for Latin America and the Caribbean.
We will provide a competitive consultancy fee under a one-year service provision contract that is open to a longer-term employment perspective. On offer is an entrepreneurial and challenging position with lots of opportunity to turn ideas into reality, working alongside an inspiring, diverse and international team to create a better tomorrow for millions living in poverty.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an award-winning international organization with a team of more than sixty people working across more than 11 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa to reduce poverty. Our initiatives have the power to create long lasting impact on a large scale, because they harness the power of government actions, market forces and digital innovations. We focus primarily on asset-building for individuals and families living in poverty through financial inclusion, economic empowerment and social protection. At the end of the day, it is all about the people: by providing them with training, capital and productive opportunities, we enable millions of poor families to take successful and independent decisions to live their ambitions.
You can learn more about our work by visiting our webpage: www.fundacioncapital.org
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
- Strategy & Business Development: identify and establish new business opportunities, strategic alliances and financing sources; decide on investments and strategic planning; expand the division’s sphere of influence, both thematically and geographically.
- Management & Operation: plan and manage resources; lead design work for projects, and take responsibility for their correct implementation and execution; be responsible for the business numbers of the division; define and monitor key performance indicators; build and lead a team of short and longer term consultants.
- Networking & Stakeholder Relationships: build and maintain partnerships with allies, donors and clients; promote and represent the Post- conflict and Territorial Development Division as well as Fundación Capital.
Who are we looking for?
- Personal Requirements
- The person we are looking for should be:
- Highly committed to social and development issues.
- An empathic and sociable person with the ability to relate excellently with people from very different backgrounds, from those living in poverty to high-level representatives of governments and international organizations.
- An outstanding leader and listener that can select, motivate and develop staff.
- A convincing spokes(wo)man and inspiring seller of ideas with social impact.
- Entrepreneurial, dynamic and creative, with the ability to set priorities and demonstrate results.
Languages: perfect command of Spanish and English (oral and written).
Skills & Knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of economic development issues and armed conflicts, especially the Colombian armed conflict.
- Excellent Management and project implementation skills.
- Selling skills, ability to raise funds and open new business opportunities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- At least 8 years of accredited professional experience in international development, conflict and peacebuilding, work with victims of armed conflicts, refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), social protection and/or asset-building for the vulnerable and poor populations.
- Fieldwork experience with vulnerable communities and in conflict-affected territories.
- Work experience with governments and public institutions.
- Experience in project and budget execution.
Education: Master’s degree in economics, political science, international relations or related discipline.
We will look favorably upon candidates who can demonstrate the following: international work experience in other parts of the world; additional language skills (especially in Portuguese and French); knowledge of topics related to economic citizenship, financial inclusion, humanitarian and cash transfer programs and digital solutions for vulnerable and poor populations; knowledge of the armed conflict in Colombia; work experience in the private sector.
Please send us your CV and a concise cover letter in which you explain: (1) your motivation to work with us, (2) why you would be a true enrichment for our team, (3) remuneration expectations and earliest possible starting date, (4) where you have found our job offer. Please note that only complete applications will be considered. Send your applications by August 24th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Division Director”. After that point, additional applications are welcome but are not guaranteed consideration. This job advertisement will remain posted until the position is filled.