Drive our Expansion as Region Manager (Africa)
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- How to applyFill application survey: https://bitly.com/ApplyEnnoventAfricaAnd send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ennovent is seeking to expand its services into Africa, through an initial country presence in Kenya. Working closely with the team in India, you will explore the market and identify first clients for Ennovent, and if successful, will be followed by the establishment of the necessary processes, systems and structures on the ground for regional operations.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Managing Director and the support of the global team, your specific responsibilities will include:
o Strategy Development
- Develop a market entry strategy to identify potential niche business opportunities related to Ennovent’s core expertise in target African regions.
- Contribute to the development and establishment of new service offerings in line with global strategies and offerings.
- Contribute to the overall strategic and operational development of Ennovent as required.
o Business Development and Sales
- Lead sales and business development activities in the Africa region according to stated targets, with the support of the global team.
- Generate first client revenues out of identified African markets, which can be executed from the Indian operations with local partners.
- Ensure sufficient and stable revenue streams from different offerings to generate profits in line with agreed targets.
- Generate key partnership and stakeholder contacts to enable the growth of Ennovent’s activities in Africa.
o Project Execution
- Lead the execution of secured projects, in collaboration with the India and global team.
- Oversee and support the successful execution of client contracts in India and other countries within the region.
- Ensure collaboration between relevant global units to ensure effective client delivery and overall organisational objectives.
- Enforce robust financial management systems to ensure the short-term and long-term viability of the region’s operations
- Lead the establishment of the necessary systems, processes, to support growing operations in Africa, in partnership with global counterparts.
- Lead and effectively manage all temporary and permanent human resources to ensure effective client services and staff satisfaction
- Ensure the adherence with all regulatory, tax and statutory compliance as defined by the country of operation.
Who we are looking for
o Proven experience working in the social enterprise, low-income market and/or socially motivated startup space in Africa, with a preferred focus on Kenya.
o 10+ years of experience in a sales or business development role with at least 3 years in a management role; candidates previously holding entrepreneurial positions will be preferred.
o Strong strategic thinking, reasoning and planning abilities.
o Proven business development experience and high-impact networking abilities leading to the generating of sales leads and/or contract closures.
o Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration and coaching abilities to foster high-impact team, client and partner relationships and results.
o Proven track record of high quality, timely and optimized project and service delivery to exceed client expectations.
o An existing network of stakeholders and contacts in the NGO, foundation, corporate sectors, and investors focused on the social sector.
o Ability to analyze relevant alternatives and create a rational recommendation to support business decision-making.
o An ability to communicate with polish, tact and diplomacy in English; both written and verbal
o Exposure to global work environments through work, study or other experiences.
o Strong MS Office skills, with a focus on Excel and other database tools.
A graduate degree in business; an MBA is preferred.
You have the cultural fit to work with us at Ennovent if
o you want to work in a start-up culture focused on having a positive impact at the bottom of the pyramid
o you are committed to Ennovent’s overall mission, core values and culture
o you are able to excel in an ambiguous, independent and flexible work environment
o you are motivated by the achievement of targets
o you are willing to travel within Africa and occasionally internationally