East Africa Operations Director
- Angaza Design
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- TO APPLY Send your résumé and a detailed cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Angaza East Africa Operations Director Position”. Note that applicants must send a personalized cover letter to be considered. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date in July.
ABOUT US Angaza tackles global energy poverty by enabling off-grid customers to purchase clean energy in affordable amounts over time. Our business-to-business Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) technology serves manufacturers and distributors selling solar products in some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. Angaza is a for-profit social enterprise based in San Francisco, California and Nairobi, Kenya; our small and growing team shares a passion for technology, and a desire to address unmet needs on a global scale through innovative, market-driven solutions.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE We are recruiting an Operations Director to lead our Nairobi-based team. This is an exciting opportunity to hold a key management role in a rapidly growing company, as we scale our presence throughout East Africa and the developing world. The chosen candidate will oversee the existing Nairobi team members, as well as on-board and manage new regional employees as the team grows. The position will report directly to the Director of Strategy (San Francisco) and may include both regional and international travel.
- Managing the Nairobi-based team activities
- Maintaining a healthy and productive office culture
- Developing and implementing a regional (and potentially international) team growth strategy
- Actively facilitating the recruitment of new strategic partners and overseeing all aspects of partner relationships
- Representing Angaza at public events
- Leading cross-team communication with the San Francisco office
- Supporting strategic enhancement of the Angaza PAYG technology platform based on feedback from field partners
- Building, managing, and maintaining connections between our manufacturing and distribution partners to increase global PAYG sales
- 5+ years management experience (required), previous startup experience preferred
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills (required)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite (required)
- BA/BS in management- or business-related discipline preferred; MS/MBA a plus
- Experience living and working in a developing/emerging market context preferred
- Comfort with public speaking and managing external relationships
- Comfort with periodic international travel
Happiness in a very dynamic, fast-paced, flexible (and fun!) atmosphere
Send your résumé and a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Angaza East Africa Operations Director Position”. Note that applicants must send a personalized cover letter to be considered. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date in July.