East Coast Development Director
- Kiva Microfunds
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- To apply, please visit http://www.kiva.org/careers
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is a mission driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowd-funded micro-loans to serve the financially excluded. Kiva combines the culture and approach of an internet start-up with a mission to alleviate poverty. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives”
In just 9 years, Kiva has raised over $700 million in loan capital for more than 1.6 million borrowers in over 85 countries. Kiva’s lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level – targeting $1 billion in loans by 2017 and continuing our expansion into new areas such as local lending in the US, student loans, water, clean energy.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 500+ volunteers worldwide.
This position is an integral part of Kiva’s Development team, leading staff and volunteers in our New York City office. The East Coast Development Director will be responsible for expanding a fundraising and innovative loan-raising program in the eastern region of the U.S. and Europe. Targeting corporations, foundations, individuals and family foundations located on the East Coast and in Europe, this position will be charged with building a portfolio of donors and Managed Lenders, building awareness of Kiva in New York City, raising significant funds to support Kiva’s core operations and promotional lending programs, and speaking on behalf of Kiva at various events and conferences. The position will report directly to the Chief Development Officer, located in San Francisco, and will manage our East Coast Development Manager.
- Create a comprehensive strategy to identify, cultivate and solicit corporations, foundations, individuals and family foundations in support of Kiva’s core operations and promotional lending programs.
- Serve as the first point of contact and main liaison for donors and lenders located on the East Coast of the U.S. and in Europe.
- Source and maintain relationships with 100-150 prospects with a goal of raising $1.5MM+ annually in operating support, and $1.5MM+ annually in loan volume.
- Explore unique loan funding opportunities through Kiva’s Managed Lending Program with corporations, family foundations, foundations and donor advised funds.
- Coordinate and support events on the East Coast associated with Kiva City New York and other Kiva Cities
- Represent Kiva as panel or keynote speaker at various events and conferences.
- Maintain Salesforce Database with accurate donor records and information.
The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, self-directed and organized professional who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum seven years non-profit development or for-profit sales experience in the New York market, with a track record of significant fundraising success closing six- and seven- figure deals.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization
- Effective public speaker
- Bachelors degree or graduate degree
- Strong inter-personal skills and excellent phone skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Some travel required (approximately 20%)