ECI Development Associate
- ECI (Eastern Congo Initiative)
- US, Remote
- Job Type
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
WHO THEY ARE
ECI believes that local, community-based approaches are essential to creating a sustainable and successful society in eastern Congo. They believe that public and private partnerships combined with advocacy drive increased attention and public policy change, creating new opportunities for the people of DRC.
ECI emphasizes the importance of field-based and scholarly research to support evidence-based programming and advocacy initiatives. ECI seeks to continually collect data, catalogue best practices, and generate recommendations to better inform and evaluate programming and policy driven by those who know the issues best – the communities and actors affected.
In order to further transformation within affected communities, ECI acquired Asili. Asili is a social enterprise dedicated to disrupting traditional humanitarian approaches by delivering high-quality, market driven social services across Eastern Congo.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ECI is looking for an exceptional individual to play a critical role in the effectiveness of the organization’s fundraising activities. The Development Associate will help shape fundraising outcomes by providing world-class donor services and ensuring a strong infrastructure across the organization.
ECI is dedicated to delivering essential services in the world’s most fragile communities; and aspires to transform the model of humanitarian aid across the world. ECI believes strongly in shared ownership; complex problems are solved by letting more people into the solution. Their success is due to building something that is completely local, while also being completely world-class; and to do that they rely upon deep relationships with private sector companies, foundations and individuals.
The Development Associate supports all fundraising efforts under the direction of the Development Manager. Duties are as follows:
Fundraising and Donor Relations:
● Collaborate with the Development Manager to track fundraising goals and priorities
● Conduct research and due diligence on current and prospective donors, including individuals, foundations and corporations.
● Schedule meetings (in-person and virtual) for fundraising activities and maintain minutes, cultivation notes and manage action points.
● Assist in writing donor communications and appeals, including prospectus’ and grant proposals.
● Build and maintain positive relationships with donors in the course of fundraising activities related to administration and transactions.
● Develop support materials for fundraising and marketing activities
Events and Project Management:
● Manage events of different sizes from small regional engagements to large annual events; including but not limited to, guest relations, logistics, creative materials, etc.
● Coordinate donor trips to the field
● Support the Development Manager with ad hoc special projects related to fundraising activities
Database Management, Quality Control and Donor Acknowledgement:
● Manage and maintain donor database data integrity and confidentiality (databases include: Raiser’s Edge and Airtable).
● Create month fundraising reports and other database reports
● Assist with creating and updating donor cultivation plans within the system
● Conduct research to update and expand donor base
● In tandem with Alight counterpart, process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
● You have an understanding of how sophisticated a donor management system works and are confident in operating and maintaining the system.
● You have the proven ability to work with all different kinds of people in global contexts including: corporate communities, refugees, government officials, and everyday donors. You are as comfortable forging partnerships in Kinshasa as you are in the United States.
● Exceptional organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a super-fast-paced environment + the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Must be eligible for work in the United States. Travel required as needed up to 15% of the time.
● Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
● You’re a builder and a maker – ready to do whatever it takes to deliver an awesome product to your clients.
● Incredibly organized. A problem solver and a forward thinker, this person will take a positive approach to making things happen!
● Ambitious. The skills and drive to make a transformational difference.
● Hustle. You are always on move, working to get it done.
● An amazing listener – you know how to really hear other people and understand their meaning. You get that people are looking for a way that they can make an impact in the world.
● Flexible, flexible, flexible: they respond to opportunity as it arises, and it rarely fits their schedule or is in their plans
● Detail-oriented with exemplary planning and time management skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
● Borderless Team of staff worldwide that sees possibility, celebrates moments of abundance, shares new ideas, and strives to do a better thing every day.
●Learning & Development – Access thousands of free online learning courses to take at your own pace and tailor to your professional goals.
● Health, dental, and MedEvac Insurance – They strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to our staff each year. They cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
● Retirement – They contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
●Generous Leave Time – Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. ECI complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.