Ecosystem Development Intern (Unpaid)
- Agora Partnerships
- Job Type
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Contact Information
The Ecosystem Development Internship aims to provide an intern with experience in researching, developing, and maintaining key partnerships that are vital in building the social entrepreneurship ecosystem. The intern will report directly to the Accelerator team based in Bogotá, Colombia and must commit a minimum of 10-15 hours of week for 10 weeks. Potential projects (based on interest and the skillset of the intern) include:
● Partnership Strategies: Develop and execute plans to engage new partners by drafting proposals, marketing collateral, and presentations
● Partner Research: Research, compare and analyze potential partners ranging from foundations, corporations, and development organizations that are interested in supporting small and growing businesses, and recommend how Agora should engage these stakeholders to support existing and new programs. Visually document key players in the Colombian social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
● Partner Outreach: Work with potential partners and sponsors in the Colombian social entrepreneurship and impact investing community to develop long-term relationships. Identify new opportunities for engagement with potential partners.
● Partner Communications: Help maintain relationships with Agora Partnerships’ contacts by assisting in regular communications with various groups and enhancing the delivery/exchange of information with segmented groups
● Content Creation/Execution: Work in partnership with the Colombia team to plan and execute events that add value to the entrepreneurship ecosystem and support Agora Partnerships’ recruiting efforts in the region. Generate engagement opportunities for/with key stakeholders by writing articles, exploring collaboration options, leading meetings, and co-creating programs in support of social entrepreneurship
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding entrepreneurial solutions to our most pressing social challenges, and who wants to accelerate a new generation of entrepreneurs towards success. Successful candidates must exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity and perseverance. We seek the following qualifications in an ideal candidate:
● Interest in/passion for social entrepreneurship, emerging markets, and/or impact investing, and a desire to deepen knowledge;
● Knowledge about social entrepreneurship in Colombia;
● Graduate degree in community management, business administration, finance, economics, international development, or related field or equivalent professional experience;
● 3+ years of work experience related to management consulting, start-up incubation, and/or business design and strategy;
● Professional working proficiency in both English and Spanish;
● Ability to work during the semester (unpaid) with flexible hours. Some work can be done remotely, but intern will be required to attend regular meetings with the Accelerator team based in Colombia and participate in some in-person events.
● Dates: as soon as possible – applications reviewed on a rolling basis
● Agora Partnerships will provide you with the following benefits: industry-related training, personal development opportunities, and exposure to Latin America development and entrepreneurship opportunities, especially those in Colombia.
● Intern is expected to have a laptop computer on which to work, cover all travel and housing related costs incurred during the internship, and commit to 10-15 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: Ecosystem Development Intern – Colombia” in the subject line. Top candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Agora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unlocking the potential of entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and an environmental impact throughout Latin America. Agora accomplishes this through its flagship initiative, the Accelerator, a 4-month program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to succeed. Since 2011, Agora has worked with more than 125 Latin American companies, helped secure approximately $46.1MM in capital for Accelerator participants, and achieved a survival rate of 89 percent among participating companies. Since 2014, Agora has worked with 16 Colombian companies and helped secure approximately $5.7MM in capital for Accelerator participants in Colombia. Learn more at www.agorapartnerships.org.
Agora Partnerships is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internships are open to all qualified candidates without regard to ethnicity, color, religion (creed), political belief, sex, gender (real or perceived), gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, national origin (ancestry), economic class, educational background, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or status as formerly convicted/incarcerated person, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law.