Ecuador Program Director
- Global Student Embassy
- Cuenca, Ecuador
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
Global Student Embassy (GSE) is looking for a dedicated and dynamic self-starter with a profound interest in working with community partners in capacity building and program development to expand and implement GSE’s local program in Nicaragua. This position will identify new program partners and spearhead new local program initiatives basing these on the assessed stakeholder needs.
This position is based in Cuenca, Ecuador, and will involve monthly travel for week-long visits to projects sites in Bahia de Caraquez, Ecuador. The Ecuador Program Director will report to the Program Director based out of the GSE headquarters in Berkeley, California and will work closely with the GSE’s Ecuadorian Project Partners and Exchange Program Staff.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partner Collaboration and Local Program Management (45%)
• Identify new local partners in Cuenca for partnership around carrying out GSE’s agro ecology and youth environmental leadership curriculum.
• Ensure that new partners fully understand the mission of GSE and that they can provide sustainable programmatic support.
• Strengthen and maintain strong relationships with GSE project partners and stakeholders in Cuenca and Bahia de Caraquez/
• Work with current program partners to structure and develop a strategic plan for year-round in-country programing at the local level.
• Work in conjunction with project partners to ensure that local projects align with GSEs mission and goals.
• Work with project partners to identify students who will travel to the USA for the South/North exchange.
• Identify new project locations and project partners in collaboration with the Ecuador Exchange Program Director (NEPD) and the Ecuador Program Coordinator (NPC) to develop new partnerships.
• Set up monthly meetings between the GSE Ecuador team and project partners.
• Attend weekly meetings with GSE staff both local and international.
• Report any programmatic changes and seek support on developing programs in-country from the Program Director in California.
• Ensure that the deliverables agreed on with project partners and the Program Director are met.
Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation, Reporting (20%)
• Create and implement assessment tools in community settings to garner baseline data for program planning.
• Collaborate with the Ecuador Exchange Program Director and the Program Director in California to create a system of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
• Compile monthly reports based on data gathered from M&E demonstrating quantitative and qualitative successes and highlighting areas of required growth.
• Oversee program refining and growth based on M&E findings.
Exchange Program Support (15%)
• Ensure that local programs offer mission related work for Exchange Program Trips.
• Assist with the Exchange Program during high trip season.
• Set, oversee and support the exchange staff on tasks pertaining to the local program and support them in their delivery.
• Lead on trips when required and be available to cover Trip Coordinators (TCs) in case of an emergency.
• Be on call 2 days a week whilst exchange programs are in country.
Finances and financial reviewing (10%)
• Assist in the creation of the local program budget in conjunction with strategic program plan.
• Review in country expenses pertinent to the local program.
• Review the monthly reports complied by partner orgs accountants before they are sent to HQ in California.
Internship Program Creation and Management (10%)
• Create an internship program in conjunction with the Program Director in California.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise interns.
• Work with interns to facilitate personal and professional growth.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Spoken Fluency in English and Spanish and written proficiency in both languages.
• Work experience in the field of international non-profit organizations.
• Experience and/or training in program planning and curricular design.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative approach to problem-solving and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent time management skills with great attention to detail.
• Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
• Positive attitude and a commitment to the mission of GSE.
• Past experience working with GSE.
• Experience in managing budgets.
• Experience in document creation and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, Excel).
• Experience in working with salesforce.
• Experience of working with local program partners in a Latin American context.
• Valid Wilderness First Aid certificate.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume with a cover letter, and a short 1-2 minute video in English/Spanish explaining who you are and why you are an ideal fit for the advertised position.
Please submit the required information to Hiring@globalstudentembassy.