- WindAid Institute
- Trujillo, Peru
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
WindAid Institute is an NGO based in Peru that focuses on installing wind turbines in rural communities and educating on wind energy technology for a sustainable future.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to come to Peru who can develop our training programs.
We provide education:
to schools in the area around our installations
to communities receiving the turbines
to volunteers that come from all over the world as part of their academic qualifications
to Peruvian technicians in community wind workshops (future requirement)
We need assistance with developing all of these educational elements. In particular, we are looking to have our volunteer package recognised as an accredited course by international academic institutions. You will explore the accreditation requirements in the US and UK initially, then internationally.
Working closely with the Board Education Officer, workshop and field engineers, you will create a course program that meets those requirements to attract volunteers and ensure their hard work counts as a credit in their college course.
Principal goals will be that WindAid’s volunteer program is an accredited course and is a well rounded educational experience, and community wind workshop technician training is thorough, practical and consistent.
- Experience in designing education courses and programs
- Understanding of how college and university courses operate including the credits systems
- Volunteer experience
- Self-Driven and enthusiastic
- Experience in educational establishments in the US and worldwide
The position is available from January 2017 with a twelve month commitment.
• Integration into projects while in Peru, including visiting communities and participating at installations.
• Housing while in Peru.
• Three meals a day, all work days.
Visit our website for more details on what we do, meet the team and read testimonials from previous volunteers www.windaid.org