Emergency Response Coordinator
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Follow the link to apply
- Where to Apply
Hello Hello! So you’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here.
When you Join Alight, you’ll find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
An organization that refuses to settle for anything less than delivering human-worthy services.
If you believe in an abundant world full of amazing people who want to help; in the simple human justice to build a life; and in doing a better thing, then read on!
Based in Sudan*, you will provide support to Alight’s American Refugee Program (ARC) in Sudan to achieve its goals in emergency humanitarian response, specifically related to public health outbreaks such as COVID-19, Cholera, and Dengue Fever. You’ll be guided by and receive support from the Sudan Country Director and Country Program Manager. You are a seasoned emergency humanitarian response professional with a successful track record working on the world’s most serious, life-threatening emergencies in some of the most complex countries in the world.
Simply put, your purpose will be to further ARC Sudan’s emergency humanitarian response efforts through advising its established health, nutrition, and WASH teams in responding to emerging and annual public health and natural and manmade emergencies. This includes the organization’s current COVID-19 response, in particular as it relates to Sudan’s upcoming rainy season and other related public health outbreaks. You will take the lead on designing a country-level emergency response plan with the team, providing management, coordination, and successful implementation of donor-funded projects.
ARC Sudan is striving to do a better thing. You will infuse this mantra and belief in your day-to-day work and as your help those around you (staff, donors, customers, and beyond) to imagine and bring to fruition programs that are deeply human-centered, co-created with communities we serve, and that challenge the status quo.
* Until global travel restrictions are lifted, including for Sudan, you will provide remote support to the Sudan team in this critical role. When country the post-holder is expected to extensively travel to Darfur and East Sudan.
• Establish country-level emergency response program through developing clear objectives, achievement benchmarks and SOPs, and detailed implementation plans using Results-Based Management tools for grant-funded emergency programs, including USAID/OFDA COVID-19 response.
• Develop overall program workplan and ensure that ARC/Alight components evolve according to agreed schedules and with local partners.
• Closely monitor programs implementation and budget utilization and ensure that program and spending targets are met, working with monthly spending plans based on budget vs. actual analyses.
• In coordination with Country Director/senior management team, liaise with government, UN OCHA, WHO, WFP, INGOs, and other agencies coordinating on COVID-19 response and other humanitarian emergencies.
• Monitor compliance with donor regulations and ARC/Alight policies, in the course of program implementation.
• Ensure regular communication between ARC/Alight, partners and the technical support units, with special attention to follow-up and follow-through.
• Ensure timely production of high-quality reports.
• In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation coordinator and State Program Managers, ensure program indicators and monitoring protocols are practiced and regularly monitored for quality assurance.
• Closely coordinate and work with Federal and States Ministry of Health Sudan to co-create a Health System Strengthening Strategy & Plan for Sudan that can withstand shocks from public health emergencies, in close cooperation with Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
• Develop in-country capacity building plan and ensure that staff members, partners and customers are adequately trained and equipped with the right tools to respond to recurrent/future emergencies in Sudan
• Increase the organization’s visibility and impact through networking and strengthening relationships with peers, donors, government representatives, and UN agencies to reinforce ARC Sudan’s Health programming impact, increase its influence, and identify and bring to life opportunities to co-create health care solutions in Sudan.
Skills and Experience we are seeking:
• An MPH degree or advanced medical degree
• 5 to 7 years of international experience, in programs in complex emergency or post-conflict settings, particularly in emergency humanitarian response, experience of responding and managing global health emergency is an advantage
• Management and supervisory responsibilities in program design and administration at senior management level
• Creative, can-do attitude that sees challenges as opportunities to show your ingenuity, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working and effectively managing large teams remotely, in contexts with challenging internet and mobile communication
• Experience designing and implementing grants from United States agencies, especially USAID/OFDA and its guidelines, reporting systems, and protocols
• Experience representing the organization in country-level cluster meetings and with high-level officials from UN agencies, donors, embassies, and governments
• Adaptable with an ability to motivate collaboration and inspire, demonstrating expertise and nurturing an environment of mutual trust and respect with staff, beneficiaries and communities, donors, and government representatives.
• Ability to work under pressure with diplomacy, empathy, kindness, and enthusiasm.
• Successful track record taking initiative, choosing optimism to find solutions for complex challenges.
• Mastery of the English language with an ability to write high-quality, persuasive communications that motivate and mobilize staff, donors, and other resources.
• Excellent analytical and budget development and management skills, with experience translating information into learnings for proposals, reports, and other government and donor communication.
• Demonstrated experience integrated multi-sector programming in an emergency humanitarian context.
• Comfort spending extended periods of time in the deep field, overseeing and supporting emergency humanitarian response in remote locations.
• Master of English language skills in speaking, writing, and reading; expert-to-moderate Arabic speaking, writing, and reading skills a definite plus.
ARC/Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.