- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, fellowship, unpaid
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Engagement Fellow will work directly with the Latin American Impact Investing Forum for Central America and the Caribbean (FLII CA&C) within Alterna to curate and coordinate the agenda and to manage outreach and engagement for the conference. As such, this position starts in April 2018 – end of November 2018. The Fellow will work closely with the FLII CA&C Coordinator and Alterna’s Business Development team.
ABOUT FLII CA&C
The Latin American Impact Investing Forum for Central America and the Caribbean (FLII CA&C) brings together international and regional actors in impact investing and social entrepreneurship. This November of 2018 will be the 4th edition of the forum.
In 2017, Alterna united over 450 sector leaders, investors, entrepreneurs and the private, public and non-profit sector. The objective of the forum is to provide a space for all relevant actors to collaborate in building a sustainable entrepreneurial ecosystem and to equip the participants to be the next leaders in the region. The conference goes beyond impact investing and social entrepreneurship, convening dozens of experts from a variety of sectors to examine how we can act and collaborate holistically to promote meaningful and sustainable progress in the region.
The conference will be held in Antigua, Guatemala November 7th and 8th 2018.
• Research current trends, initiatives and challenges in Central America and the Caribbean and in the impact investment and social entrepreneurship sector
• Engage with potential participants, local entrepreneurs, and investors and manage communication with key partners in the FLII CA&C network
• Research, design and implement creative activity formats to generate an engaging diverse and conference
• Identify and coordinate speakers for agenda sessions: manage invitations and preparations for panels and workshops
• Oversee operational strategy and execution to ensure the success and quality of the conference
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience, with experience in event planning
• Profound knowledge of the global social entrepreneurship and impact investment sector and a passion to work on the frontline of the sector
• Creative mindset and quick problem solver, with strong abilities in organization and project management
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, being able to communicate with different kind of interlocutors
• Professional working proficiency in Spanish and English
• Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment
Please note that the Fellowship is self-funded by the Fellow and that Alterna consistently looks to the top talent in our fellow pool as our primary source when hiring for long-term paid positions. In return of this investment of your talent and experience, you will get the unique opportunity to:
• Advance a diverse skillset and generate lasting impact through ownership of real-world, high impact engagements that are core to Alterna and to the advance of the ecosystem
• Gain first-hand insight on the systemic complexities of entrepreneurship in Central America and on the innovative approaches, ideas and best practices of the impact sector
• Connect with a global network of key actors in the social entrepreneurship and impact investment sector and beyond, propelling your career trajectory
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals
• Be immersed in the impact ecosystem and in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture
HOW TO APPLY
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed. If this is you, please fill out the Fellow Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up. We envision a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context.
Alterna’s Fellowship is a trampoline for professionals who want to be on the frontline of social innovation. The program is a hands-on opportunity to apply and strengthen your skills in a developing context and to gain an edge in your career trajectory. In our multi-dimensional program, Fellows work closely with Alterna’s leadership team on real-world projects to maximize the organization’s impact and sustainability. The program enables Fellows to gain the critical skills, systemic contextual insights and connection to a global network to advance their careers and catalyze impact around the world.