- Remote, US-based, Minnesota-based preferred
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting an Engagement Officer for Questscope. So you’re interested in joining them? Welcome, they’re happy you’re here.
For 30 years, Questscope has walked alongside young people whose lives are ravaged by war and poverty. They provide emergency assistance, alternative education, mentorship, and places to bloom again where hope is possible.
Questscope created an alternative learning program (Non-Formal Education), in partnership with the Jordanian Ministry of Education, that enables youth who left school to continue their education to the compulsory 10th grade level and continue on to vocational training or re-enroll in the formal education system. This program combines a safe environment designed for young people who have been through traumatic experiences with a curriculum that encourages youth leadership and critical thinking. It helps them restore normalcy in their lives and develop future goals.
An important growth area for Questscope is refugee mental health, as there are few resources to assist the 65 million displaced persons in the world, most of whom have suffered great loss and have witnessed unspeakable horror. They’re developing social technologies for people to experience healing inside themselves and to accompany others in their healing.
In the current crisis inside Syria, Questscope supports over two million people who have been made homeless (internally displaced) by this conflict. Through their partner, The Syrian Society for Social Development (SSSD), a network of 5,000 staff and volunteers supply food, medicine, water/sanitation, and shelter in 100 locations across Syria. They also provide psychosocial counseling, protection care for the most vulnerable, and education for out-of-school children. Questscope and SSSD have been partners since 2009. To learn more visit Questscope.org.
Reporting to the Director of Growth & Development, the Engagement Officer will implement fundraising programs to successfully meet annual and campaign goals. The position will also work closely with the Director of Growth & Development to drive the organization’s fundraising initiatives and develop a fundraising and stewardship strategy for an assigned portfolio of donors. A strong candidate will have a minimum of 3 years fundraising experience with a proven history of success in creating thoughtful donor strategies, one-on-one gift solicitations of $5,000+, and high-level donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Assist the Director of Growth & Development in setting fundraising priorities and establishing financial goals.
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle, including:
• Initiate contacts with potential major gift donors;
• Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for prospects, including informational phone calls and letters;
• Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation;
• Maintain stewardship contacts with current donors;
• Analyze historic patterns of giving and assist in developing strategies to encourage new gifts and increase contributions;
• Directly solicit and close gifts, and maintain relationships through mail, phone or in-person contacts.
• Coordinate direct mail campaigns.
• Ensure that required donor records are maintained in Raisers Edge®.
• Review and routinely update gift and grant acknowledgments, impact reports and communications calendars. Oversee and maintain consistent, timely, personalized and accurate process for gift receipting within fundraising best practices guidelines for major donors.
• Identify, cultivate, and track prospects and major donors with the potential to do planned giving
• Identify potential speaking engagements.
• Manage and track gift activity by creating monthly reports monthly for review by the Director of Growth & Development.
• Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics, and post-event follow up based on individual skills and office needs.
• Attend cultivation events; Plan local events
• Travel is required as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• Three or more years’ experience in fundraising
• An unalterable belief in the possibility of every child/ young person in every situation
• Passion, understanding and commitment to the Questscope mission/mandate and DNA
• A great curiosity for Middle East-related issues
• Self-motivated and keen to make all teammates succeed
• A desire to build personal relationships with donors
• Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive communications
• Strong editing skills and attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
• Ability to conduct research and identify new funding opportunities; knowledge of fundraising information sources, basic fundraising strategies, and prospect research techniques
• An understanding of budget preparation principles and practices related to restricted funding.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Flexibility to travel periodically if needed
What they offer – Benefits
• Learning & Development: Access thousands of free online learning courses to take at your own pace and tailor to your professional goals.
• Health, dental, and MedEvac Insurance: They strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to their staff each year. They cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
• Retirement: They contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
• Generous Leave Time: Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
Questscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Questscope complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.