- Asili Farms Group
- Contact Information
Asili Farms Group is a leading corn and soybean farming company operating in Uganda, East Africa. With 2,000 hectares of land currently under-management, Asili Farms envisions becoming the largest row-crop production company in East Africa by 2020.
Asili Farms is part of the Agilis Group of Companies, a leading agricultural development firm in Uganda, whose vision is to establish a regional system for grain production and exchange that is profitable, secure and inclusive. Agilis’s holdings include the Joseph Initiative Limited, a leading grain management and trading company focused on managing and merchandising grains and pulses produced by Ugandan producers for supply to regional food manufacturers and aid organizations. Asili Farms functions as a vital supply source and capability development center for the Agilis Group.
The Agilis Group of Companies, in addition to leading in a unique growth market, drives tremendous social impact for disadvantaged Ugandan communities. The company is introducing modern agricultural practices, structuring the market environment in which farmers operate and supplying inputs to producers.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of all farm and heavy machinery and vehicles to support the implementation of the farm operational plan. The Engineering Manager will manage a team of up-to five engineers and numerous casual laborers. He or she will report to the Production Director.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the following work streams:
- Develop, document and train the Standard Operating Procedures of all machines
- Plan and manage preventative, planned and corrective maintenance of all equipment including precision farming systems
- Calibrate machines for field operationalization per the agronomic protocol
- Manage inventory of spare parts
- Reporting all maintenance and other reports
Asili Farms is a business in Uganda, a country with significant challenges, changes, and opportunities to be expected across the course of time. The engineering manager should be capable of responding to this environment with aplomb.
In order to do so it is expected that the he or she possess:
- Extensive knowledge of agricultural machines, implements, tools and software, including their designs, uses and maintenance
- Certification or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering or farm-equipment-specific machine requirements
- Degree in engineering or related field
Engineering Manager Role Description © Asili Farms Group
- Demonstrable IT experience
- Demonstrable experience leading teams
- Exceptional work ethic, proactive attitude and energy
- Exceptional management capabilities with capacity to oversee and motivate diverse teams
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks of various scales in a high-pressure environment
Please send resumes, cover letters and all inquiries to benjamin.prinz@agilis-
Compensation, Term and Start Date
- Compensation will be competitive with performance-based incentives
- 2 year contract
- Start date is as soon as possible
- The Engineering Manager will be based in Masindi, Uganda with an expatriate package