Entrepreneur Engagement Fellowship
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, fellowship, unpaid
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
As our Entrepreneur Engagement Fellow you will work directly with our Monitoring & Evaluation team, supporting us in strengthening out our relationship with our client entrepreneurs. Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining regular communication with our entrepreneurs, identifying progress, challenges and needs and sharing opportunities.
• Preparing and facilitating meetings with entrepreneurs to deepen our relationship and collect success stories, with occasional travel to client sites.
• Taking part in the information collecting and reporting process to track entrepreneurs’ growth and produce impact reports.
• Strengthening the communication flow with the other departments of Alterna in order to be perfectly updated and offer the best solution to our entrepreneurs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 1 year of professional experience in relevant positions with a high level of interaction with people (e.g., sales, client service, partnerships management, capacity building).
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Business, Human Sciences, or related fields studies– holding a Master degree and/or having a multidisciplinary path is a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish (verbal and writing) and professional working proficiency in English.
• Previous experience in a developing country is a strong plus.
• Awareness of cultural identity, patience and strong sense of empathy.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with different kind of interlocutors.
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context.
• Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in Office suite.
• 6 – 10 month (ideal start: November 2017) commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.
Please note that the Fellowship is self-funded by the Fellow and that Alterna consistently looks to the top talent in our fellow pool as our primary source when hiring for long-term paid positions. In return of this investment of your talent and experience, you will get the unique opportunity to:
• Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America.
• Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship field through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory.
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals.
• Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture.
HOW TO APPLY
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed.
If this is you, please fill out the Fellows Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna is committed to developing an inclusive and dynamic ecosystem for social entrepreneurship through the cultivation of impact businesses offering training, consulting and connections to entrepreneurs who need it to grow their business and impact.
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a unique distinction and a trampoline for talented young professionals who are strongly motivated in disrupting the status quo and developing sustainable solutions for the world throughout their career. Through a hands-on experience working with social entrepreneurs in an innovative and growing organization, Alterna Fellows develop a strong skillset, network and motivation to become the next impact leaders that the world needs.