- Vera Solutions
- Amsterdam, London, or Geneva (for discussion)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Key Skills: Professional services delivery, leadership, project management, team management, data systems, training and coaching, business analysis, business development, international development
Reports to: Partnership
Location: Amsterdam, London, or Geneva (for discussion)
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 240 organizations in over 50 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with more than 50 full-time staff based in Boston, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, and Washington DC. Vera is a Salesforce.org International Impact Partner and an ANDE member. We have been honored with Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships, the Genesis Prize, and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Director will lead Vera’s Europe-based consulting teams to design and configure cloud-based data systems and mobile data collection tools for social impact organizations. The Director will be a key member of Vera’s diverse, international leadership team, driving the sustainable growth of our consulting business in Europe and ensuring consulting staff learn, develop, and achieve high levels of productivity.
The Director will own and manage the business unit’s operational plan and expenditure. This will include developing and managing the unit budget, ensuring revenue targets are met by driving sales and delivery, and collaborating with other consultants to drive priorities and execute the unit’s plan. The Director will oversee personnel management of the consulting team, including staff recruitment, skills growth/learning of the team, and career mentorship.
The Director will oversee the consulting business’s client portfolio, driving key consulting projects, managing client relationships, and coaching project managers and team members through the entirety of a project’s lifecycle — gathering system requirements, building cloud-based data systems and mobile data collection tools, and providing training to system users. Additionally, the Director will represent the business externally, driving lead generation and sales.
As a Director, you’ll gain valuable experience with and knowledge of Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit organizations worldwide). You will join our team of passionate humans with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism.
Vera is a rapidly growing company; you will be expected to get your hands dirty from day one. We encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
– Drive sustainable growth of Vera’s consulting business in Europe
– Inspire and motivate consultants to higher levels of productivity and performance
– Lead projects and oversee project teams
– Develop lasting client relationships
– Manage Associate Consultants, Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Leads (approximately 5-6 direct reports initially), including regular check-ins, performance planning/reviews, optimizing work loads, and overseeing project work
– Train, coach and mentor consultants to help them grow personally and professionally
– Manage leads and sales. Evaluate best-fit organizations for Vera’s work, develop relationships, – cultivate partnerships, present at conferences and other events
– Represent the European consulting teams as a member of Vera’s Leadership Team
– Work closely with Vera’s Leadership Team to implement Vera’s global strategy
Qualifications and Experience:
– At least 8 years of professional experience
– At least 3 years of professional services experience
– At least 2 years of management experience – you are an intuitive and effective manager, with experience developing team members
– Experience deriving business insights from internal data—you know how to ask and answer the right questions to move a growing business in strategic directions
– Excellent leadership skills – you can rally a diverse team to a good idea, your teams trust you, you’re a great facilitator and all around communicator
– A bias toward action – you don’t like leaving a meeting without clear action items
– Demonstrated interest in social impact work
– Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
– Willingness to work non-traditional hours as determined by clients and colleagues in multiple time zones
– Demonstrated interest/experience in growing a business
– Desire to commit to growing the team for 3+ years
– Graduate degree preferred: MBA, MPA or other relevant degree
– Project management and/or consulting experience
– Experience in leading a small business or social impact organization
– Experience working with the Salesforce platform
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), in line with experience, cost of living, and our social mission.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) below.
Link to apply: https://verasolutions.formstack.com/forms/eur_director2018