Events & Communications Associate Manager
- Fairtrade America
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
At Fairtrade America you will work on behalf of one of the most cutting-edge models for change. Fairtrade America works directly with businesses, civil society, and consumers to rebalance the terms and conditions of trade so that farmers and workers globally have the power to grow their businesses and define their futures. As a member of Fairtrade International, Fairtrade America oversees the Fairtrade system within the United States – growing Fairtrade’s market share; increasing consumer demand; representing producer interests; and establishing channels for greater producer investment within the territory. We seek a committed Events & Communications Associate Manager with strong cause-related expertise to join our growing team.
The Events & Communications Associate Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of duties including managing logistics for and reporting on internal and external events, website and newsletter content creation, and supporting on outreach to key support groups.
• Manage logistics and communication for events including webinars, meetings, grassroots community events, producer tours, trade shows and other business and community events
• Support the Advocacy & Outreach Manager to coordinate logistics of events and communications related to advocacy and partnership building
• Represent Fairtrade America at community and business events
• Provide digital support to the Digital Content Manager and the Marketing & Communications Manager, including updating the website, writing blogs and sending regular e-newsletters.
• Take minutes and coordinate agendas for internal meetings as needed for internal meetings and cross-cutting meetings with other Fairtrade America departments
• Manage all supplies and stock, including materials tracking and mailing prizes and support materials to commercial partners and supporter groups
• Plan and execute how to engage in strategic grassroots outreach
• Assist on nation-wide outreach campaigns twice annually
• Coordinate volunteers and temporary workers
• Carry out additional assignments as requested
• Travel may be required on weekends and holidays
• Bachelor’s degree; two years of marketing/communications and/or events coordination experience is required
• Knowledge of or demonstrated interest in fair trade issues
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required
• Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail
• Good computer skills are required, including familiarity with database and spreadsheet programs, CMS & CRM systems, and e-newsletter systems
• Knowledge of Mailchimp and Sitecore are benefits
• An excellent and meticulous organizer
• Flexible, creative team player willing to willing to step into whatever task is required to get the job done
• Knowledge and commitment to Fairtrade and development issues desired
• The Events & Communications Associate Manager will report directly to the Director of Marketing and External Relations and will report indirectly to other managers on specific projects
• Spanish language proficiency desired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package.
To apply send salary expectations, resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.