- Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, visit our career portal: https://carreras.alterna.pro/recruit/Portal.na. Please select the position of FLII CA&C Pasante, upload your CV, and fill out the application. Interested? For more information about Alterna, visit our website: http://www.alterna.pro/. Question? Send an email to a member of our team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where to Apply
Are you seeking a career with impact?
Join the team that is transforming businesses in Central America.
We are a platform that designs, proposes and activates routes of innovation to achieve sustainable, inclusive and profound change. We seek systemic impact, building from the details up.
At Alterna, we believe in a world in which the ability to transform reality can arise from any context; therefore, we activate transformative businesses from the ground up. Since 2011, we have worked with more than 1,800 entrepreneurs to help strengthen and scale the region’s most disruptive and high-impact businesses.
ABOUT FLII CA&C
The Latin American Impact Investment Forum, Central America and the Caribbean (FLII CA&C) is a dynamic and interactive event that seeks to catalyze the development and growth of regional and international impact entrepreneurs, investors, foundations, financial institutions, academics, government agencies and other relevant stakeholders for the impact investment sector. 2019 will be the 5th edition of this pioneering event in the region. At FLII CA&C 2018, more than 600 participants from 35 countries came together in Antigua, Guatemala to discuss and develop opportunities on the most important issues for the region.
WHERE YOU COME IN
Alterna is looking for an intern to support in the coordination and management of the event. Your responsibilities will be:
* Manage the organization of participants: respond to general inquiries, lead ticket sales, handle all types of communication
* Maintain the web page and the mobile application of the event: develop content, update information, and general maintenance
* Develop and disseminate event information for the preparation of participants: Antigua information, hotels, and transportation, general logistics information, etc.
* Manage the team members of Alterna who will be supporting the execution of the event: identify the corresponding roles, train the team prior to the event, manage the team during the event
* Organize the bios, photos, and registration of the speakers, and upload to the web page
* Participate in FLII CA&C 2019, November 13 and 14 in Antigua, Guatemala and handle preparation on 11, 12, and 15
* Actively support logistics during FLII CA&C to ensure the all activities run smoothly and the well-being of all
The details of the position are:
* June 1 to November 29, 2019
* Located in Guatemala City, in the offices of Alterna
* Full time (~ 40h / week) over the term; part-time schedule can be explored as needed
* Stipend adjusted to the local cost of living
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR?
Successful candidates have the following experiences and capabilities:
* Currently studying at university or recent university graduate
* With interest and skills in planning, coordinating and executing event logistics and activities
* Experience in project management, with competence in impeccable organization, punctuality, and ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
* Spanish professional competency, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; English competency a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with a diversity of people in an effective, pleasant and empathetic way
* High level of professionalism and maturity
* Passion for the sectors of social entrepreneurship and impact investment
* With a positive attitude to the challenges that arise, acting with understanding and empathy that generates effective communication and viable solutions
Alterna is a vehicle to accelerate your career in the impact sector and beyond. This internship gives you the unique opportunity to:
* Join the pioneer organization of the impact sector in Central America
* Connect with a powerful network of leaders from Guatemala and around the world, presenting invaluable opportunities for connections and career opportunities
* Promote a diverse set of professional skills
* Work in an exciting and multicultural environment with the international, passionate and fun-loving Alterna tribe