Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
- Evidence Action
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- on organization website
- Where to Apply
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the People & Culture Team
The Global People & Culture team sets the strategy to attract, support, and sustain the diverse and talented staff that make Evidence Action’s mission a reality. We align our people priorities to best serve organizational strategy, focusing on the areas of highest impact across the employee lifecycle to support our program teams and regional leaders. We champion the investment in Evidence Action’s strong culture, particularly as we scale, ensuring that our organization is unified in the goals we set to accomplish to serve our communities. In this role, you’ll be a strategic thought partner driving forward best in class solutions to support our staff along their employee lifecycle journey.
Who are we looking for? You are a strategic thinker who enjoys finding ways to develop best practices that work at scale. You have a passion for talent sourcing and team development, working across a matrixed organization to align teams and support managers to cascade insights and training. You see the People function as critical to the effectiveness of an organization’s success and view change as a learning opportunity. As part of the Global team you’ll help shape our future ‘People & Culture’ impact and redefine the ways we source candidates and support staff on their learning journey.
Global Talent Strategy
– Craft “best in class” solutions to support and advance talent around across the multitudes of countries Evidence Action drives impact, including; Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Nigeria, Liberia, India and others as we grow.
– Conduct strategic reviews of global talent approaches and gaps to best align resources to impact our talent and the people we serve
– Drive our proactive sourcing strategies and advise on senior level recruitment efforts to ensure cultivation of mission & culturally aligned candidates
– Ensure our employee value proposition and values are made clear during candidate engagement
– Partner with recruiters and hiring managers to build trainings on effective passive candidate sourcing, assessment tools, reference checks, and closing approaches
– Co-lead with the recruitment teams and hiring managers a selection process that results in effective and efficient hiring, including high quality selection decisions and bias-mitigation
– Lead special research projects/recruiting initiatives as needed; utilize the Special Projects team as needed on these projects
– Consider short and long term improvements to the performance management process, focusing on career progression pathways and ensuring our cultural norms and values are reinforced through the process
– Shape best practice approaches for continuous feedback, coaching, review delivery, and develop learning resources to aid managers in all regions
– Facilitate the delivery of learning and development trainings, utilizing existing frameworks and best practices within the organization, resulting in a transparent performance management process that is well understood and utilized by all managers
– Applies best practices in equitable management, translating equity and inclusion into plans for staff development, retention strategies, and improving culture.
– Develop and support strategies to optimize people tech solutions to fit the needs of the organization – e.g., platforms for strategic recruiting and talent development
– Provide training and as-needed input to program teams, regional leadership, and other staff on system platforms, which currently including LinkedIn, Workable, BambooHR, CultureAmp, and Small Improvements
– 7-10 years of overall work experience in roles with increasing responsibility
– Demonstrated ability to innovate and create system-level changes
– Prior people & culture experience in a growing, international organization
– Prior people management experience with a focus on empowering and motivating others
– Strong project management and system improvement skills
– Passionate about building best in class recruiting and talent development approaches
– Proven ability to identify gaps in strategy or processes and address them
– Learning & development facilitation skills
– A problem solving mindset and alignment to Evidence Action’s core values
– Direct experience in facilitating organizational change in a multicultural setting
– Exceptional judgment in maintaining confidentiality of employee and candidate information
– Excellent oral and written English communication skills