Exchange Program Manager
- Global Student Embassy
- Bahía de Caráquez, Ecuador or Managua, Nicaragua
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Exchange Manager for International Youth Education Organization in Latin America
Global Student Embassy (GSE) is hiring Exchange Program Managers for our programs in Ecuador and Nicaragua. In this exciting position you will manage local and international staff to successfully execute project-based educational programs for US-students.
Why work with GSE
GSE is developing youth leaders through action-oriented environmental education by tackling relevant issues in their communities. Local GSE Ecoclub students and visiting students from the United States have planted over 45,000 trees in the tropical dry forest in Ecuador and grown organic food in school mini-farms that serve over 1,350 local students in Nicaragua.
Exchange programs are reciprocal and each year 10 selected students from Ecuador and Nicaragua travel with scholarships to the United States to support student-led grassroots initiatives in California. We are looking for a passionate advocate for youth leadership, cultural exchange, grassroots action and community relations who will promote our mission and values, facilitating the exchange between global communities.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will oversee and manage all GSE exchange programs in your location, ensuring high quality programs, profound cultural interactions and meaningful educational experiences for all participants. As Exchange Program Manager you will report to GSE’s Exchange Program Director in California. You will live and work at our program sites in Ecuador or Nicaragua for the duration of your term.
In your cover letter, please explain how your skills and experience can help to successfully fulfill the following key responsibilities:
• Train, supervise and coach international trip leaders, local interns and volunteers to successfully implement 9 – 14 days exchange trips for US-high school and university students
• Review and approve trip itineraries, budgets and educational curriculum in order to ensure high quality programming for international exchange trips
• Continually conduct comprehensive risk assessment in all exchange locations. You are responsible for students’ health and safety on all trips
• Work with GSE\’s partner organizations to strengthen sustainable program structure, such as accounting and financial management, as well as reporting and payroll systems
• Coordinate with local GSE staff to align exchange programs with the priorities of local year-round environmental and education projects
• Hold all partners and providers accountable for meeting GSE health and safety standards, as well as contractual agreements
• Strengthen relationships with providers, local partners and communities
• Solve problems and be available at all times when student groups are in country.
• Consistently communicate program updates in a timely and professional manner to Country Director, Exchange Program Director and Program Coordinators
• Professional proficiency in English and Spanish – written and verbal
• Strong task management skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
• Work experience in the field of international education, travel industry or outdoor education
We Prefer Candidates who Demonstrate
• Management experience
• Experience networking and building successful programs in Latin America
• Demonstrated experience managing budgets, logistics and risk management
• Experience working with Salesforce
• Wilderness First Aid qualification
1. Monthly salary: $700.-
2. International round-trip flight
3. Performance-based bonus payout at the end of term
4. Additional stipends for housing and work-related transport
5. Health insurance coverage for any work-related injury or illness
6. Management training in Northern California at the start of your term
Qualified applicants are asked to email a cover letter, resume and contact information for 2 professional references email@example.com
Email subject line should read: [your name] – Exchange Program Manager – [Country of Preference]. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until 15th of October 2016.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by email if GSE requests more information or an interview.
Please send us a 2 minute video presentation explaining why you are applying in English and Spanish.
Please review http://www.globalstudentembass