- MIssoula, MT
- Job Type
- Contact Information
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the Founder + CEO, assists with client and internal projects as assigned and supports other administrative needs of the firm as needed.
Executive Support to the Founder + CEO
• Serve an ambassadorial role, projecting an image that is consistent with the firm both internally with staff and externally with all clients and contacts.
• Interact with all levels of the firm’s current and potential clients, including CEOs, prominent political figures, high net-worth individuals and celebrities with grace and confidentiality.
• Assist with CEO’s calendar. Map out travel, client and new biz meetings far into the future to best leverage CEO’s time. Schedule meetings building strong relationships with our clients and their assistants.
• Work with internal and external teams to ensure that agendas and other prerequisites are in place for meetings well in advance, to enable CEO to focus on the content of meetings, not their logistics.
• Maintain up to date contact information for CEO’s address book.
• Book and coordinate travel arrangements.
• Track and allocate expenditures to the appropriate client and internal expense accounts, providing accounting with receipts for same.
• Submit semimonthly accounting of time to the appropriate client and internal projects.
• Coordinate with the firm’s IT service provider to troubleshoot any hardware or software issues (both phone and computer).
• Assist with fielding external speaking requests and tracking activity. Assist with prepping CEO for engagements, working with both internal and external resources. Project manage this work so deliverable deadlines are being met.
• Working with the internal team and key client contacts, assist with tracking deliverables needed from CEO and ensuring she is meeting all deadlines to complete said work.
• Assist with managing social media accounts including Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Coordinate events including fundraisers and private parties, including securing and managing vendors.
• Special projects as assigned.
Client Project Coordination Support
• Project Coordination: Coordinate with the williamsworks team and our clients on project responsibilities, track completion of tasks, and flag outstanding items or issues.
• Research: Research and synthesize information on topics or countries, community members, current events, new business opportunities and other issues relating to existing and potential client projects.
• Writing: Draft, prepare and assemble reports, documents, proposals, briefings, presentations, detailed spreadsheets and other publications.
• Event Planning and Logistics: Assist CEO to coordinate any client, company, or personal events including venue selection, vendor management, and contract negotiation.
• Other Support: Serve an ambassadorial role on behalf of CEO, projecting an image that is consistent with the firm and its leader both internally with staff and externally with all clients, contacts and community. Maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
• Travel: Willingness to travel for special projects as needed. Anticipated travel: 2-5 domestic trips a year.
Education, Skills and Personal Characteristics
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least four years administrative experience in executive and/or administrative support
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and social media skills
• Proven ability to:
o manage the working relationship with an executive, making course corrections as necessary
o anticipate the needs of an executive and bring together the appropriate people and resources to make things happen
o work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
o prioritize competing assignments and complete them with precision and speed
o bring creativity, tenacity and good judgment to the role
o maintain a professional, gracious demeanor even under pressure
o work effectively both independently and as a team member
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Energized by on-call nature of role, available nights/weekends as needed
• Ability to work 40+ hours a week
• Absolute integrity and discretion