Executive Assistant and Office Manager
- Village Enterprise
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About the job
Village Enterprise seeks an Executive Assistant and Office Manager to assist the CEO, support the organization’s development efforts, and manage the administrative and logistical operations of the US office. The ideal candidate is flexible, patient and detail-oriented, with strong communication skills and a passion for eliminating poverty. This person will also work closely with the development and human resources teams to further Village Enterprise’s work of eradicating poverty through entrepreneurship and innovation.
Industry: Non-profit; International Development; Micro-enterprise
Function: CEO Assistance; Office Management; Fundraising
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: San Carlos, CA
Time Commitment: 40 hours/week; hours are flexible
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Executive Assistance – 50%
- Schedule, manage logistics and prepare meeting materials, presentations, and agendas for the CEO, Board Chair, other executive staff when applicable
- Schedule, manage logistics and prepare materials for board and board committee meetings (Finance, Governance/HR, Operations, and Development committees)
- Attend board and board committee meetings to take minutes
- Manage and communicate the CEO’s schedule
- Track and record CEO meetings with key partners and funders in Salesforce
- Other duties as assigned
Office Management – 20%
- Complete routine office admin tasks: answer phones and manage phone system, collect mail, supply and organize office materials
- Manage info@ email account
- Manage master employee contact list
- Manage organization systems, including Google Suite, Box, and BambooHR
- Initiate staff meetings and Field Operations calls via Skype
- Be aware of colleagues’ schedules and communicate this when needed
- Coordinate group meetings/presentations for interns, volunteers, visitors, etc.
- Coordinate staff and fellow travel to East Africa and key meetings
Development – 30%
- Support Director of Development and Communications and Senior Director of Institutional Giving with administrative and logistical support as needed
- Attend and contribute to bi-weekly development meetings
- Maintain Salesforce database with accurate donor and gift information
- Manage administration of donor communication mailings throughout the year as needed: end of year appeals, donor reports, campaign mailings, event invitations, etc.
- Assist with prospective/donor event logistics
- Assist with planning and coordination of donor Vision Trips
- Coordinate East African staff fundraising visits to US
- Process all incoming gifts: collect checks from mail daily; process donations weekly (checks and Classy) or monthly (credit cards); generate and send donation receipts weekly; manage personal thank you notes to specific donors and send with receipts
- Interest in poverty alleviation and international development
- Experience providing support to a senior executive
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Understanding of Salesforce, Donor Perfect or another donor database desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, and implement projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgment and discretion with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop excellent working relationships
- Bachelor\’s degree desirable
- Flexibility, patience and a sense of humor are extremely desirable
Interested candidates please apply through our online application portal (https://villageenterprise.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=16). Please include your Resume and Cover Letter
Village Enterprise is an innovative microenterprise development organization working in East Africa. Our mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation.
Village Enterprise provides business skills and financial literacy training, seed capital, on-going mentoring, and the formation of business savings groups to new entrepreneurs. This year we have helped 9,000 East Africans start over 3,000 new businesses.
Village Enterprise began in 1987 and, since then, has started over 33,000 businesses and impacted over 700,000 lives. During the next five years, we plan to significantly expand our program, evaluation and innovation efforts to increase the impact of microenterprise development in rural East Africa.