Executive Assistant to the General Partners
- One Acre Fund
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Application online - http://grnh.se/itpb8c1
Experienced professional to provide administrative support to organization leadership.
Rwanda (Kigali or Rubengera)
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization, with new innovations, partnerships and programs being implemented daily. As our organization and internal leadership team grow, we are increasingly in need of professional support in the area of administration and special projects. These are important tasks to the organization, and members of our leadership team often find themselves doing these things personally.
We are seeking someone to work closely with the founder and the other General Partners to provide administration support. The Executive Assistant to the General Partners will have an important role in ensuring the top leadership of the organization have the time they need to focus on organization priorities and have the resources they need to be effective and efficient leaders. Example duties:
— Administrative Management: Conserving leadership time by executing regular and one-off tasks and projects: assisting with personal scheduling, organizing travel itineraries, procuring and importing hard-to-find products, setting up conference calls, tracking and submitting financial reports, etc.
— Event coordination: Planning, organizing and hosting bi-annual annual leadership gatherings. Coordinating participant logistics, communications and all aspects of the meetings with respect to administration.
— Special project researching and synthesizing: Reading and researching topics in line with GPs strategic priorities and interests.
— Donor Hosting: Scheduling and coordination of high-level donor visits.
— Management of In-Country Leadership Assistants: Managing assistants to ensure they are clear on their responsibilities, able to complete tasks on time and at high standards, and providing them with professional development opportunities.
— Corporate Operations Global projects: Potential to support the Global Corporate Operations team in execution of strategic projects to boost staff retention.
Career Growth and Development –
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates who will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. Our ideal candidate will be a young to mid-career professional with 1 – 3 years of work experience in administration, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. The ideal candidate sees him/herself as an administrative whiz and can take this job and identify new and innovative ways to assist the General Partners.
This is a competitive posting for a career-track role. Only 3% of applicants make it to a phone screen. Therefore, please only apply if you fit these criteria:
– Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. experience supporting executives or starting a small business).
– Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
– Top-performing undergraduate background
– Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
– Extremely organized, handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follow through on projects to successful completion. Strong multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritize conflicting needs.
– Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
– Problem solving skills – Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
– Emotional maturity – exceptional interpersonal skills, over the phone and in person, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including GPs and staff members, board members, external partners and donors.
– A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years.
– Language: English required, and French highly preferred
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit the following link and complete the application on our website, http://grnh.se/itpb8c1