- The Syria Campaign
- London, Beirut or New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Oxford HR have been retained as an executive search consultancy to appoint the new Executive Director for The Syria Campaign, an independent advocacy group mobilising people around the world to help stop the violence and accelerate progress towards a peaceful and democratic future for Syria.
The Syria Campaign is a young, dynamic campaigning organisation combining the best elements of creative communication, digital mobilization, storytelling, and political analysis with the aim of supporting the demands of some of the most courageous frontline humanitarians and activists in the world.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the organisational vision and approach in response to the ever-changing dynamics on the ground and ensuring that the organisation continues to grow to meet the needs of its Syrian partners.
They will be responsible for increasing the organisation’s impact through securing long-term financial support. They will be working with the organisation’s existing contacts at the highest levels, including leading international philanthropists and foundations, as well as developing their own new partnerships.
Finally, they will be leading a team of all-stars to continue to deliver the most impactful campaigns.
• Lead the development of an ambitious medium and long-term fundraising strategy to secure funding from private philanthropy (major donors and foundations) and governments not actively involved in the conflict;
• Develop on-going funding relationships and oversee reporting processes to ensure the medium and long-term financial stability of the organisation;
• Expand TSC’s external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities for funding.
Campaigns and civil society support
• Work with the Campaign Leadership to help identify opportunities for campaigning and impact;
• Lead the team to develop new approaches to partnerships and support to Syrian civil support
• Communicate TSC campaigns and impact to a wide variety of audiences (media, donors, partners).
Organisational leadership and management
• Develop and implement an organisational strategy and communicate this to all internal and external stakeholders;
• Lead a team of global staff (mostly working remotely) by building a strong and collaborative culture in order to get the best performances from the team;
• Directly manage the Senior Leadership of the organisation;
• Working with the Board of Directors, help to expand the board and manage board involvement with strategic direction and fundraising;
• Hold ultimate responsibility for the budgets and the bottom line of the organisation to ensure financial sustainability.
• At least six years’ experience in which you have developed and led high-performing teams, set and achieved strategic objectives and managed a budget;
• Proven track record of securing funds for a similar organisation or type of work
• Track record in building productive relationships with a range of actors and key influencers in your field (e.g. activists, journalists, policy makers, donors, politicians).
• A confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer;
• Deep experience in: civil society work and/or peace-building; and/or public campaigning
• Experience and skills with media, including TV appearances and op-eds, strongly preferred;
• Experience in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
• Written and spoken Arabic desirable
SALARY: Competitive with salaries at other international NGOs.
LOCATION: Ideally candidates will be based in one of The Syria Campaign offices in London, Beirut or New York but location can be flexible for candidates with exceptional circumstances.
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this role, please visit Oxford HR website: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/job/