- Peruvian American Medical Society
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Email resume to email@example.com
- Where to Apply
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Peruvian American Medical Society (PAMS) and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
• Five or more years of experience in leadership roles in nonprofit or mission-driven organizations with evidence of continued growth through education and participation in professional fundraising organizations.
• Demonstrated success in designing and implementing sustainable development initiatives. Deep knowledge of grant application process and factors of success and a solid understanding and application of best practices in fundraising and development.
• Demonstrated experience delivering high impact community-based programs and results.
• Broad-based functional experience including marketing, communications and financial management.
• Understanding of issues regarding global public health, medical missions, and operating an international aid organization preferred but not required.
• Proven leadership capability in rallying an organization – staff, Board, volunteers and key stakeholders to achieve significant results.
• Track record of building and leading high-performing, collaborative and virtual teams
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Certification or CFRE helpful.
• Member AFP.
• Fluent in both oral and written Spanish and English.
Additional Personal Characteristics
• Results-driven leader who inspires confidence internally and externally, who knows how to lead, empower others and nurture talent.
• A “bridge builder” skilled at building consensus and achieving buy-in across constituents.
• Strong executive presence and an articulate communicator who can deliver messages with confidence and authority.
• Exhibits self-awareness and resilience, with a tireless work ethic.
• A patient but persistent change agent. Comfortable offering new points of view and challenging others to think differently, while showing respect and empathy for the organization’s traditions and members.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to juggle multiple projects and priorities based on the needs of the organization; can quickly adjust key priorities in response to changing dynamics.
• Values-driven leader with high level of ethics and uncontested integrity.
• Possesses a passion and commitment to make a difference in a nonprofit setting and to PAM’s mission.
Role and Responsibility
• Board Governance. Work with board to assure the oversight of the organization and maintain its nonprofit status.
• Financial Performance and Viability. Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Organization Mission and Strategy. Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Organization Operations. Oversees and implements resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate, and follow standard accounting procedures.
• Collaborate with PAMS PARA EL PERU (PPP), a Peruvian IPREDA that facilitates the activities of PAMS in Peru.
• Build and maintain effective internal communication systems and protocols
• To create and execute a fully comprehensive development plan to support the strategic plan
• To develop and implement a donor relations system
• To create and manage a process that builds and maintains a continual relationship with our donors
• To work with each PAMS committee between Board meetings to accomplish goals related to the organization’s strategy
• To maintain corporate records with the Secretary for compliance
• To work with the Treasurer to coordinate cash flow with the funding strategy
• To hire and supervise contractors as needed
Salary and Benefits
Position has a competitive compensation and benefits package.
PAMS is looking for a dynamic, results-driven Executive Director/Fundraiser with a passion to lead and grow our organization as we aim to significantly increase our ability to serve the underserved populations of Peru. PAMS was founded 46 years ago by a group of Peruvian American doctors who grew up in Peru, had family in Peru, and were driven by a passion to give back to the country they loved. Today, it is our intimate knowledge of the country, connections to local governments and universities, and personal commitments and relationships to our communities of origin, that makes PAMS unique. Because of our strong connections to Peru, we can uniquely offer important medical and dental care and education, as well as to be a much-needed advocate for the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
PAMS has a proud history and a strong legacy of respect and goodwill throughout Peru. We have gradually grown and expanded our services to include over a dozen medical and educational missions each year throughout the country and have recently built and currently administer a permanent medical center in the coastal town of Chincha. In 2018, the clinic served over 24,000 patients, while the missions helped thousands more who typically would not have access to the much-needed medical services we provide.
Our Board of Directors has established an exciting and ambitious 5-year strategic plan that will enable us to grow and greatly expand our services and reach in Peru. In order to meet our goals, we need an Executive Director with the ability, passion, and talent to elevate and lead our organization into the future. With enthusiasm, hard work, and the right leader, the potential of PAMS is unbounded.