Executive Vice President
- Toniic Institute
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send resume, cover letter, names and contact information for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2020, with the subject “Application for Toniic President.’
- Where to Apply
Toniic is a global community of asset owners seeking deeper positive net impact across the spectrum of capital. Our members consist of more than 400 high net worth individuals, family offices, and foundation asset owners who are deepening their impact across the spectrum of capital and personal resources in more than 25 countries around the world.
Toniic, through its field-building initiatives, also seeks to expand
and improve the ecosystem of impact investing. The Toniic team is based in San Francisco, with team members in other cities in the US, Canada, the UK, Italy, Germany, and Singapore.
About this Role:
Toniic is recruiting for a newly created role of Executive Vice President to assume day-to-day operational responsibility for both Membership Services and the public field-building programs (T100 and ImpactTerms) of the organization. Toniic’s Executive Vice President is the second-in-command within the organization, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. This role is primarily one of managing our lines of business, including strategizing, planning, and assuring appropriate execution and delivery. About 15 of the 21 Toniic team members will report to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Toniic’s Executive Vice President is the second-in-command within the organization, with responsibility for the Membership Line of Business as well as Toniic’s field-building programs.
Membership Services is our largest P&L and is the initial focus of the role. The Executive Vice President will serve as the head of Membership Services, where the goal is delivering services and programs that provide value to members and driving membership growth. The Executive Vice President is responsible for coordinating the team to meet targets laid out in the annual budget and strategic plan. Although Toniic is structured as a non-profit, it embodies a for-profit management style and our senior managers have forprofit experience. In the language of for-profit enterprise, the Executive Vice President is responsible for both Membership service delivery and sales management.
In addition, the Executive Vice President will oversee our two field-building programs: the T100 longitudinal study of investment portfolios 100% activated towards deeper positive net impact in every asset class; and the Impact Terms Platform, an expert-curated resource center and how-to guide for entrepreneurs, investors, and impact professionals. The Executive Vice President will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to cultivate relationships with funders, partners and collaborators to deepen the impact of both of these field-building programs.
The Executive Vice President will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be part of a global senior management team, sharing in the responsibility for achieving Toniic’s overall strategic objectives. He/she will be an observer on the Board of Directors and will lead the Membership Committee of the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will have general management experience, together with business development experience, have managed a P&L (or similar), have a commercial and entrepreneurial attitude with strategic vision and good judgment and will understand impact investing. A personal commitment to investing one’s own portfolio for impact would be a big asset in the role, given Toniic’s culture of transparency and “bring your whole person” ethos.
This leader will live the values of the organization and inspire a culture of collaboration, inclusivity, and innovation. Our management style is high-performance yet collaborative. As a small, globally distributed team, the ability to inspire (rather than command) results through a small dispersed team is critical.
Toniic culture (both within the team and the membership) also reflects a degree of openness and personal growth for which a candidate should be enthusiastic.
This position requires leadership in execution, business development, strategy, financial management, partnerships, team management, and community building within a global and committed group of impact investors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Develop and manage overall membership recruitment and retention strategy to meet annual goals and targets, as defined by the three-year, organization-wide strategic plan
● Oversee our robust schedule of online and in-person events globally
● Lead a team of Relationship Managers, Member Support Associates, Investment Research specialists and the Director of Programming in the organization’s membership activities
● Assume P&L responsibility for the overall Membership line of business.
● Provide leadership and direction to the marketing plan
As the head of our two field-building programs, and in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Vice President will help establish the objectives and manage the deliverables for each program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Manage the internal teams and external consultants and contributors responsible for both the T100 Project and the Impact Terms Platform
● Liaise with current program funders and partners
● Develop and execute plans to attract additional financial support and secure new revenue sources for ongoing program activities
Across both the Membership Services and Fieldbuilding teams, the Executive Vice President will ensure that staff are recruited, supported, and guided and that their professional development is nurtured.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
Candidate must have:
● A track record of successful leadership of an organization of similar size or scope
● 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Director, business executive, or General Manager
● Sufficient gravitas to lead a high-performance team and serve high net worth members
● Strong operational business acumen
● Strong customer service, revenue, and relationship-building orientation
● Demonstrated commitment to accountability
● Ability to create and manage budgets
● General investment experience and either demonstrated passion for and/or deep understanding of the impact investment sector
● Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
● Ability to work cross-culturally as demonstrated through international experience
● Comfort with working virtually, managing virtual teams, and agility with the use of cloud
productivity technologies (e.g. SalesForce, Google Suite, Asana, Zoom – we are a technologically savvy and self-supporting team)
● Ability to develop existing and new revenue opportunities leveraging Toniic’s value proposition with members, partners, and the impact sector
● Ability to broker partnerships with many different types of stakeholders
● Able to bring the level of entrepreneurship, creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humor it takes to work with an evolving and growing organization
● Ability to travel regionally and internationally
● Experience managing multicultural teams
● Experience working with high net worth individuals or family offices
● Experience negotiating grant-funding, partnership, and similar relationships
● Extensive international experience