External Communications Manager
- Proximity Designs
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please visit www.proximitydesigns.org
- Where to Apply
The External Communications Manager is a critical role that oversees and executes Proximity Designs communications to international and local audiences. It’s a position that requires both strategy and creativity and will be suited to someone who’s equally comfortable writing a compelling social media post as they are mapping audiences and developing a media plan.
What You Will Do
– Develop and implement strategic communications plans for international and local audiences for Proximity Designs
– Write posts and create content (in English) for all Proximity Designs social media channels in a way that interests our audiences, reflects our tone of voice and delivers on our objectives
– Commission and manage freelance writers to write longer-form articles and stories
– Oversee Proximity’s thought leadership approach and international speaking opportunities
– Create events and lead media relations activities (international and local)
– Work with Creative Services and external creative partners to develop communications materials
– Build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the organization
– Manage External Communications Specialist, who will support in the above tasks
– You have at least 3 years of work experience in communications.
– You are an excellent creative writer who understands how to deliver content that reflects a brand’s tone of voice.
– You have experience pitching stories to media and securing placements (preferably international media)
– You are detail-oriented and an excellent communicator, both written and oral.
– You possess the traits of any successful communicator: adaptability, creativity, empathy for your audience, strong ability to learn and work in teams.
– You have the ability to work across teams and cultures to build strong relationships.
– You are interested in being part of an organization that greatly impacts local communities.
– You are perfectly fluent in spoken and written English.
Please apply from here: https://proximitydesigns.org/careers/
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach at firstname.lastname@example.org.