External Communications Manager
- Proximity Designs
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please visit our career website
- Where to Apply
The External Communications Manager is a new, critical role that oversees and executes Proximity Designs communications to international and local audiences. This means working closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications and content creators to design and maintain a consistent Proximity narrative across platforms. Your goals are to understand the various audiences and increase Proximity’s brand awareness and value. This is a dynamic role for someone willing to get their feet wet (in the office and in the field!) with communications.
What You Will Do
– Develop and implement strategic communications plans for international and local audiences for Proximity Designs
– Guide the Proximity narrative across all platforms, plans and activities
– Develop and assist in executing specific messaging and communications plans for People Operations (HR), Donor Relations, Proximity Labs, Proximity School and Social Impact teams
– Oversee Proximity’s thought leadership approach and international speaking opportunities
– Create events and media relations activities (international and local)
– Create articles and other content to help tell the Proximity story
– Manage the Proximity Designs social media feeds
– Work with Creative Services to develop cohesive communications materials
– Build strong relationships with key people in the field and Yangon office
– You have at least 3-5 years of work experience in communications.
– You are detail-oriented and an excellent communicator, both written and oral.
– You possess the traits of any successful communicator: adaptability, creativity, empathy for your audience, strong ability to learn and work in teams.
– You have the ability to work across teams and cultures to build strong relationships.
– You are interested in being part of an organization that greatly impacts local communities.
– You are an expert in speaking and writing in English.
For more information about us, please visit www.proximitydesigns.org.