Fellow – Financial Systems for Social Enterprise in Haiti
- Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership, Clinton Foundation
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
I. Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership & Supply Chain Enterprise Background:
President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation in 2002 with the mission to strengthen the capacity of people throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence. The Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (“CGEP”) is one of 11 initiatives of the Clinton Foundation and develops social enterprises in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa in an innovative approach to poverty alleviation.
The mission of CGEP consists in creating for-profit impact enterprises that address gaps in value chains that have the potential of connecting vulnerable communities with markets, offering sustainable opportunities for income generation and job creation. CGEP’s supply chain enterprises provide training, inputs, working capital, and logistics solutions to smallholder farmers, procure their produce, and sell to quality buyers.
In Haiti, CGEP created and facilitated a $2.0 M investment in a supply chain impact enterprise startup, Acceso Peanut Enterprise Corporation (APEC). APEC is a peanut supply chain enterprise that provides capacity building and inputs to significantly improve peanut yield and quality, and also purchases peanuts from smallholder farmers at favorable, fixed prices, and sorts, tests and re-sells directly to large buyers and the general market. APEC is currently expanding into five additional crops – sorghum, castor- seed, mango, lime and sisal.
II. Position Description
The financial systems fellow is responsible for assisting in and improving accounting and financial activities related to APEC business operations. The ideal start date is January 11, 2016. Compensation will be a modest monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
III. Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the types of duties that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
• Perform financial and accounting duties including maintenance of general ledger, fund accounting, cost accounting, fixed assets and debt service for APEC business activities and special projects;
• Assist in conducting monthly account reconciliations pertaining to banking, accounts receivable, liabilities, revenues, and expenses to ensure transactions are properly recorded and funds are safeguarded and to ensure that funds are balanced;
• Maintain up to date detailed projections for all business activities and grants by year for future three years;
• Assist in preparation of monthly documents pertaining to all business activities (sales, administration, field operations) and special projects, report on any deviations from budget or projections;
• Perform monthly internal audit of depot inventories reporting on any deviations from reported stock;
• Monitor invoicing and tracking system for all sales activities;
• Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures for better management of all APEC business activities;
• Work on special projects as assigned.
IV. Education, Work Experience & Languages
• A Bachelor’s degree major course work in accounting, or finance in business or public administration, or a related field;
• Two (2) years experience performing auditing and financial, accounting and budgetary analyses;
• Specialized and advanced knowledge of financial accounting principles and theories, statistical and financial analysis and procedures, and principles, practices, and methods of budget preparation and strategic planning and administration;
• MS Office applications, particularly as related to database structure, data collection, reporting methods, sophisticated statistical analysis and data management; financial and comparative analysis techniques and formulas;
• Experience with SAP business management packages a strong plus;
• Oral and written fluency in English (fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole a strong plus).
Interested applicants should send their resumes to email@example.com with the subject line "Fellow – Financial Systems in Haiti".