- Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership Background
The Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP, www.cgepartnership.com), one of 11 initiatives at the Clinton Foundation, is pioneering an innovative approach to poverty alleviation. We are impact entrepreneurs. We create new enterprises by addressing existing market gaps in developing countries’ distribution or supply chains. Our enterprises provide underserved communities access to market, jobs, and training by incorporating individuals into one of three market-driven models – Inclusive Distribution enterprises, Supply Chain enterprises, and Vocational Training enterprises.
Our unique approach is based on the mass replication of high impact, self-sustaining enterprise models in partnership with multinational corporations. Through these models, CGEP seeks to help millions of people work themselves out of poverty.
We manage a portfolio of enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean, and are quickly expanding into Africa and Asia.
Chakipi Acceso Haiti Distribution Enterprise (“CHAKIPI”) Background
Chakipi Haiti was incorporated in 2015. Chakipi, inspired by the concept of “to your home” in Quechua, a native Andean language, is the brand of CGEP’s inclusive distribution enterprises. Distribution enterprises empower women as entrepreneurs in rural and urban areas and provide a basket of essential consumer goods, food, and pro-poor innovations for sale. The women sell these products into their communities and increase their incomes in return. We supply the products at convenient meeting points and we provide the training and coaching that the women need to be knowledgeable and confident salespeople.
Chakipi Haiti is currently working with nearly 900 female entrepreneurs in various locations in Haiti and is in the process of scaling throughout the country.
Reporting/Supervisor: General Manager, Chakipi Haiti
Location: Petionville, Haiti
Duration: 6-12 months (negotiable)
Travel: Up to 50% local travel
Start Date: July 5, 2016
The fellow for Chakipi Haiti is responsible for assisting in and improving business operations and effectiveness.
- Support financial and operations reporting, including building reporting dashboards/templates;
- Conduct analysis of sales, gross margin, and operating costs – and make recommendations to increase sales and gross margin, and reduce operating costs;
- Devise strategies to improve and simplify processes;
- Assist, where necessary, in preparation of monthly documents pertaining to all business activities (sales, administration, field operations) and special projects, report on any deviations from budget or projections;
- Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures for better management of all Chakipi Haiti business activities;
- Design and lead periodic surveys of Chakipi entrepreneurs and customers;
- Work on special projects as assigned
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Languages)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Minimum two years experience in finance, consulting, or business; social enterprise experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in challenging environments, deal with ambiguity and work well with all levels of employees
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Oral and written fluency in English and French; fluency in Haitian Creole a strong plus
- Passion for the cause: poverty alleviation
Interested candidates should send their resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 24 with the subject line “Chakipi Haiti Fellow.”