- Sanergy Ltd.
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
Since November 2011, we have launched over 750 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of more than 350 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 9,000 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Africa.
Job Purpose Statement
The Policy Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Policy and Advocacy Officer and the Government Relations Team in analyzing and documenting current legislation and policies, in relation to company plans and aspirations.
Reports to: Policy and Advocacy Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
• Analyze existing policies and legislation, in relation to Sanergy and Fresh Life, recommend opportunities to leverage existing policies, and prioritize policies for review, repeal or overhauling.
• Study the relevant social problems, uncover their origin and recommend policy solutions to them.
• Gather data, using either existing information or generate new data through research by conducting qualitative research, including key informant interviews and literature reviews.
• Study how well current policies are working and recommend changes.
• Examine the results of a new policy, determining whether or not the solutions are working.
• Recommend policy interventions to gaps in existing legislation or the absence of the same.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
• Degree or its equivalent in policy, political science, business, community relations, social sciences, law or related course.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to demonstrate ability to perform the duties of the position may be considered.
• A high level of self-motivation, self-direction and intellectual curiosity.
• Knowledge in specific issue areas, as demonstrated by education and/or professional experience.
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively and enthusiastically within time constraints.
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to perform research in a non-partisan and professional manner.
• Ability to work under pressure.
Application Deadline: 13th November 2016