Fellowship Program Associate
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a trampoline for professionals who want to be on the frontline of the emerging fourth sector—social entrepreneurship. Our Fellowship Program is designed to bring top talent from the most innovative firms, universities and organizations worldwide to get hands-on experience working with local entrepreneurs who lack access to high-quality business services.
Over the course of 6-10 months, Alterna Fellows provide individualized support to entrepreneurs in three phases of businesses development, accompanying them and guiding them through the riskiest phases of launching a business. Utilizing a methodology built from five years of launching our own social businesses and working directly with entrepreneurs in the community, our Fellows have successfully helped launch and scale over 300 social businesses and have worked with over 375 entrepreneurs in Guatemala.
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze transformative entrepreneurship from the ground up, and we envision a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context. Our talent is the key to achieving our mission, and we’re currently recruiting fellows on an ongoing basis to take on new projects in different phases of development.
Alterna is looking for a young professional to lead the process of identifying new pipelines of fellows, to manage the full recruitment process and to implement a post-fellowship cultivation strategy that engages potential, current and previous fellows. Through developing and guiding the organization’s recruitment and retention action plan, this person will form a crucial part of Alterna’s operations team and growth strategy. Specifically, you will:
– Build and scale a full-service Fellowship program to staff and support Alterna’s operations
– Identify, attract and retain new and ongoing relationships and partnerships to source Alterna with highly qualified fellows, and interns
– Build and implement a development strategy to secure funding for 5-7 fellows year-round
– Lead the process of recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding new fellows
– Refine and implement a post-fellowship engagement strategy alongside the Communications Manager and development team
– Gain on the ground exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship
– 2-4+ years of work experience in Human Resources, Development, Project Management or Operations
– 12 months of availability (minimum)
– Ability to relocate to Guatemala
– A strong working proficiency in English and Spanish
– Impeccable project management skills
– Excited about the growing sector of social entrepreneurship
– Passionate about organizational sustainability
– A people person, and love to connect with others
– Proactive and innovative
– Resourceful and an independent worker, with self-directed guidelines
– Where others see boundaries, you see opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, including how you heard about Alterna, when you are able to start, and how much time you would be able to dedicate. Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title of the fellowship you are applying for in the Subject of the email. We look forward to receiving your application!
A basic living stipend is available for this position.