Fertilizer Supply Chain Associate/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Please apply through our online form.
The Fertilizer Supply Chain Manager will lead various projects related to procurement of fertilizer for all countries of operation, as well as the logistics associated with fertilizer movements across East Africa. You will be managing the purchasing of 20,000+ metric tons of fertilizer, our largest purchases as an organization, with a budget of $10 million+ annually. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s financial sustainability and impact!
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all relationships with East African and international fertilizer companies. You will be working directly with top management at these companies.
- Building complex analyses of fertilizer markets and constantly tracking fertilizer prices to determine the optimal time to purchase
- Projecting fertilizer needs across countries
- Negotiating fertilizer purchases
- Managing a team of at least two people to procure, quality check, and deliver fertilizer to our warehouses in 4+ countries
- Analyzing our current import operations to identify opportunities to cut down costs, then implementing these strategies
- Identifying and developing beneficial partnerships with other players in the fertilizer markets
- Representing One Acre Fund at industry events and conferences.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one–on–one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high–level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions and countries. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We seek exceptional professionals with a passion for understanding supply chains. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment.
- Some experience in financial markets, supply chain, or fertilizer related job preferred, but not required. We are looking for a smart individual that can learn quickly.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts (cost of capital, interest rates, etc)
- Experience managing relationships
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Strong excel and data analysis skills; Must be comfortable with analyzing large datasets.
- Experience working internationally preferred.
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; good writing skills
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA and test scores on your resume)
- Language: English required; Swahili and/or French would be beneficial
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health cover, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Complete the form on the following link: http://www.oneacrefund.org/careers/job-openings#sec-741_430_42_41
You will be prompted to submit your CV and cover letter. You may also be asked to submit work samples for some positions. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS) in the appropriate section.
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.