- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Dimagi’s Field Managers are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, making things work in trying environments, and developing solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
As a Field Manager, you will be based out of Delhi and travel extensively in India to deploy CommCare, a mobile phone application for frontline workforces. We have an impressive range of partner organizations across 15 states in India. You will join our global team of Field Managers and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in New Delhi. Within your first two years, you will also have at least one opportunity to travel internationally, either to a different country office or for international project work.
• mHealth project management and partnership coordination
• Technical needs assessment of a wide range of social sector programs
• Design and development mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform,CommCare
• Training groups of users how to use the tool effectively
• Technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids
• Provide programmatic support and monitoring of project activity
Skills & Requirements
• 1 – 4+ years of work experience
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
• Able to juggle many things at once
• Flexible and able to wear many hats / take on multiple roles
• Interested and able to work in a multi-cultural, distributed, and international team setting
• Strong preference for fluency in Hindi
• Fluency in French, Portuguese, Burmese, Spanish, or other Indian languages is an asset
• 1 – 2+ years of project management experience
• Experience working in the health sector
• Experience working in India
• Comfort with mathematics, statistics, or data management
• Desire to make a social impact
Is this the right position for me?
Our Field Manager program is designed for adventurous, adaptable, self-motivated people who are seeking field experience. They are public health experts, project managers, software engineers, consultants, researchers, former lawyers, and students. While we require a 24-month commitment for this position, employment at Dimagi is open ended. This makes it a great position for someone seeking to build a career in international development.
All first-year Field Managers receive a salary that covers their living expenses for the year, including food, housing, travel, and leisure activities, encouraging a ‘frugal but comfortable’ lifestyle. All project travel is also reimbursed. Field Managers will receive a significant salary increase in their second year, as well as have the option to take on increased responsibility in their long-term careers. Dimagi is very flexible in terms of growth and career progression, and is often able to accommodate people’s interests in defining their current and future roles.
Other Job Perks
• Do you like travel? You will get significant travel experiences, often to very off-the-beaten-path locations (where the real work happens). You will also get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
• Extensive onboarding. This includes 1 – 2 weeks of training, followed by shadowing on existing projects, location depending on project availability.
• Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
• If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one roundtrip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
• ‘Personal Initiative Days’. This is blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
• Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
If interested, please send your CV, cover letter, and a short writing sample (2 pages or less). Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please indicate “India FM Position” in the subject line of your e-mail.