Field Project Director in Vietnam
- Développement international Desjardins
- Job Type
- Contract - 24 months
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Développement international Desjardins (DID) is seeking an enthusiastic international project manager and coordinator for its project to support capacity building at the Cooperative Bank of Vietnam (Co-opBank) and its network of People\’s Credit Funds (PCF). This project prioritizes sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction designed to foster institutional change that will be aimed at establishing a more integrated and effective cooperative network to deliver diversified services to populations in rural and agricultural zones throughout that country.
After official approval of the project by the Vietnamese government, the project field director will ensure the implementation, planning and coordination of all intervention activities conducted in Vietnam under the project as well as manage the associated human and financial resources. In this context, under the supervision of the Program Manager (head office), the field director will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure completion of the planned activities as defined in the implementation plan.
• Manage and mobilize a team of Canadian professionals and local employees.
• Coordinate all activities to be carried out with the partners (Co-op Bank and PCF).
• Advise senior management at Co-op Bank on strategy and organization, especially with regard to planning and governance.
• Support Co-op Bank with assistance from experts for implementing strategies with its teams and the PCF, especially in the areas of capacity building, risk management, internal controls and the development of financial products and services.
• Establish and maintain excellent relations with the project\’s institutional partners.
• Ensure financial and administrative management of the project in the field.
• Contribute to production of annual work plans and project progress reports
• Ensure that project goals are achieved and monitor risks.
◦ Are you known for your political skills and your ability to deal with ambiguity in the workplace?
◦ Are you positive, creative, mobilizing and persevering as a leader?
◦ Do you have excellent skills for establishing relationships, creating influence and for negotiating?
◦ Do you have international and intercultural management experience?
◦ Do you have at least 8 years of experience in project management and multidisciplinary team management in addition to a broad understanding of the financial sector and the functioning of a financial institution operations department?
◦ Are you fluent in French and English?
This opportunity could interest you… Join the DID Team!
Submit your application at https://desjardins.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1702428&lang=en