Finance and Administration Coordinator
- VFF USA
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Contact Information
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Executive Director (ED). The successful candidate will be a hands-on will work with an internal team to support the following areas: bookkeeping, finance, and administration. The Vicente Ferrer Foundation has recently celebrated 47 years in India and has officially launched their first US office- VFF USA. Our mission to eradicate poverty in India is becoming a reality as we work with marginalized community members to achieve demand driven and culturally sensitive solutions. We focus our work on 3,500 rural villages located in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. VFF USA is staffed by professional volunteers and interns who offer time and talent to our programs and partners.
• Perform a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll monthly, financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. Implement data entry for all invoices and receipts to cost centers and appropriate accounts.
• Coordinate annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Document income including by checks, Network For Good, and wire transfers and provide financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Maintain and ensure accurate charitable registrations across the US including making payments of taxes or fees from state registries.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the overall policy and procedure manual.
• Donor management and excellent customer service follow up (unpaid, canceled, blocked and / or donations from abroad)
• Monthly donations consolidation and classification of collaborations for funds allocation
• Regular reporting for individual, corporate and special donations for senior executive team and accounting firm.
• Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
• At least 5 years of overall professional experience; ideally 2 plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
• Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
• Technology savvy with experience in SAP/ERP and managing relationships with diverse international partners; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of VFF USA.
• Spanish or Telugu language experience strongly preferred.