Finance Associate – Agriculture
- Village Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume as an attachment. The subject line should read: "Application: VilCap Finance Associate". The body of the email should include: (a) Your earliest available start date.(b) A paragraph describing your relevant experience and interest in the position.
Village Capital sources, trains and invests in seed-stage social entrepreneurs around the world. Since 2009, Village Capital has served over 350 impactful ventures worldwide, building disruptive innovations in energy, environmental sustainability, agriculture, health, and education. Village Capital has launched 26 programs in 6 countries to-date and made 39 peer-selected investments. Graduate enterprises have raised more than $40 million in follow on funding to date, creating 5,000 jobs and serving 5 million customers worldwide.
Specific Responsibilities – Finance Associate
The Finance Associate is critical in facilitating the Agriculture cohort by providing valuable insight and analysis to each enterprise to better position them for continued growth and fundraising by:
· Helping to prepare investor-facing financials with each company in the Village Capital cohort
· Provide general modeling assistance to each entrepreneur
· Preparation of pro-forma financial statements including:
o Balance sheets
o Income statements
o Cash flow statements
o Basic understanding of term sheets, cap tables, founder vesting agreements and ESOP plans
o Alternative sources of capital
o Impact metrics and measurement
Help construct due diligence materials for peer rankings and investors
o Peer Materials:
· Preparation of a financial projection overview for peer–?review
· Analysis of competitors and comparables
· Market overviews (sizing and evaluation)
o Investor facing materials
o One page financials overview / handout
o In depth proforma financials
o Including a two-page enterprise summaries of each of the Cohort companies for each VilCap Program
You’re Proficient in Financial Modeling:
You know your way around excel and you have modeled early stage businesses before
You like working with entrepreneurs:
Early-stage businesses are always changing and in need of additional resources
You’re an excellent communicator:
You have worked with start–?ups before and you can speak their language
You’re a Leader:
You will be working with 15-20 CEO’s. You are an expert at interacting with them but not afraid to push back where needed.
· Bachelors degree or better, preferably in Finance or Accounting
· Financial modeling or related project experience
· Proficient in Excel
· Past entrepreneurship experience strongly desired
Compensation: This is a contract position. Stipend will be determined based on experience.
Languages: English: Fluent or business-level written and spoken
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Village Capital team. Unfortunately, we may not have the capacity to answer individual candidate questions until qualified candidates reach the interview stage.