Finance Impact Consultant
- Quetzaltenango Department, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Fulltime - Contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up and envisions a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context. Using a methodology, which has been created the last 5 years based on hands-on experience with social enterprises and entrepreneurs in the region, Alterna has cultivated over 700 local entrepreneurs through its different “cultivation programs™” (business support, training and consulting services).
Alterna is in search of a professional with solid experience to join and to strengthen the Cultivation Team as we continue our work leading the Central American Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship sector. Our Finance Impact Consultant will be part of Alterna’s permanent team in the “cultivation” process targeted at entrepreneurs and businesses of various sectors and development stages, supporting them in creating and strengthening their business and impact models especially in finance strategies.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Design, implementation and validation of cultivation strategies, materials, tools and activities to help our client entrepreneurs develop relevant financial strategies
• Create financial projection models for businesses across sectors
• Support clients in creating integrated growth models based on justifiable expansion strategies, capital needs evaluations, operational planning and other relevant external/internal factors
• Analyze cost structures, pricing strategies and other aspects of financial and strategic management to improve financial sustainability
• Facilitate training on investment search best practices and on the requirements for obtaining enterprise financing at all stages of the enterprise growth cycle
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 1 – 7 years of professional experience as an entrepreneur, a consultant or at an organization in the Finance department
• A degree in Finance or Economics – holding a Master degree is a plus
• Professional working proficiency in both Spanish and English (verbal and writing)
• Proficiency in Office suite
• Awareness of cultural identity, patience and strong sense of empathy
• Strong analytical, critical and business judgment, problem-solving skills and outside the box thinking
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context
The salary package will be defined depending on the candidate´s experience and profile.
The following benefits are included:
• Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and social entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America.
• Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship field through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory.
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals.
• Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are the person we are searching for, please send us your CV and a strong motivation letter (in Spanish) to firstname.lastname@example.org.