- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About the Position:
The GIIN is seeking an enterprising Finance Manager to lead the day-to-day finance function of our fast-paced and growing organization. This individual will manage and improve upon the organization\’s accounting practices and budgets; maintain its fiscal records; ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions; oversee all accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll; collaborate with Development team on grant budgets and reporting; and lead the annual audit. The position reports to the Director of Operations.
• Manage and monitor the organization’s financial position and all accounts supporting revenue and expenses;
• Maintain accounting records and internal controls in accordance with GAAP;
• Manage activities and schedules, such as monthly close, to meet financial reporting requirements and deadlines;
• As required, establish and document finance and internal control policies, systems and procedures; ensure their efficient implementation, adoption and enforcement;
• Maintain current knowledge of requirements related to financial matters and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements; and
• Manage external accounting firm.
Budget Tracking and Monitoring:
• Lead the organization’s annual budgeting process;
• Support program staff on budget management, including producing reports on budget variances, communicating status of payments and unspent funds, etc.; and
• Implement work flows for contracts management and expense processing and tracking.
• Develop accurate new grant proposal budgets;
• Prepare all donor financial reports and accounting records;
• Ensure compliance with all current grant contracts in terms of cost allocation, reporting, legal and insurance requirements, and funds collection; and
• Prepare comprehensive grant invoices as required.
• Lead the annual organization-wide financial statement audit and preparation of the annual Form 990;
• Lead external, donor or government audits as necessary; and
• Work with external audit firm and accounting firm to develop policies as required to comply with all relevant federal, state and county mandates.
• Source and bind all Director & Officer, general liability and related insurance. Act as liaison with all relevant brokers and ensure compliance;
• Manage the annual renewal process of all organizational insurance policies, nationally and overseas; and
• Manage annual state and federal filing requirements to maintain status as a charitable organization.
Other Duties as Required
The Finance Manager is a tactical thinker capable of translating financial concepts into digestible data and reports for colleagues, management and the Board. The ideal candidate also has proven ability multi-task, trouble-shoot, resolve emerging issues, and ensure the highest level of trust and confidentiality, while maintaining a flexible attitude.
• Expertise in non-profit accounting, government grants management,
• Strong QuickBooks and Excel skills, and proven ability to produce timely and accurate financial reports for a variety of stakeholders.
• Experience supervising external vendors and direct reports with strong results.
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Detail-orientation with high standards of performance.
• 8 or more years of experience in non-profit financial management
• An accounting degree, certification, masters, or MBA is preferred.
Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com by July 21, 2017. State “Finance Manager_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.