Finance & Operations Analyst
- Next Street Financial
- Flexible (Boston, Chicago, New York)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Finance and Operations Analyst will play a critical role in supporting, developing, and improving Next Street’s internal infrastructure in partnership with Corporate and firm leadership. Your work will include supporting multiple dimensions of firm operations, including financial management, systems administration, technology solutions, and reporting / analytics. As a small firm, we offer significant opportunity to stretch and we are seeking candidates with an entrepreneurial drive, a collaborative spirit, and an appetite to contribute in building the firm. The Analyst will report to our Senior Finance & Operations Manager, with significant day-to-day collaboration across other members of our Corporate team.
• Support the Senior Finance & Operations Manager with the day-to-day accounting and financial management functions of the firm, such as:
o Executing accounts receivable and accounts payable needs
o Managing expense reimbursements and enforcing related policies
o Preparing regular (weekly, monthly) and ad-hoc financial reporting and analyses
o Improving and streamlining the firm’s financial operations
• Partner with other members of the Corporate team to learn, manage, and improve Next Street’s overall systems infrastructure, including:
o Researching technology solutions and identifying new or creative ways to streamline aspects of the firm’s internal operations
o Managing systems implementation, ongoing maintenance, and continuous improvement efforts
o Leading day-to-day project management and coordination for system upgrades or changes
o Overseeing and enforcing systems / data policies and controls
• Work with Corporate and firm leadership on the ongoing development and production of reporting / analytics solutions, with the goals of:
o Driving real-time knowledge and decision-making
o Streamlining existing reporting tools in use
o Strategically automating dashboards and increasing functionalities
• Assist with additional strategic or special project initiatives as needed
We are looking for someone with:
• A Bachelor’s degree in business management / administration or equivalent field with strong academic performance
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in a professional environment, preferably with direct time in a business operations, systems management, accounting, or similar role
o Experience working in a small to mid-size business a plus
• An overall ability and appetite to learn new systems and processes quickly
• Existing proficiency working with Microsoft Office, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Familiarity or prior experience with one or more business operations systems (e.g., QuickBooks, Salesforce, Concur, or other similar platforms)
• Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for continuous improvement and exploration of new solutions or technologies
• Strong attention to detail and a problem-solving mindset
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• A desire to build a business and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
• A demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
• A willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Please submit an application at nextstreet.com/careers.
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the goal of transforming the way finance and business advice are provided in underserved markets. We are a mission-driven advisory firm that works at the enterprise and ecosystem levels to drive impact in communities across the US. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, we provide strategic and capital solutions to revitalize communities, grow businesses, and create jobs. Our work includes directly serving small businesses and nonprofits to help them grow, as well as partnering to create sustainable economic development solutions at the ecosystem level with forward-thinking institutional partners.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in Boston, New York City, and Chicago.