Finance & Operations Manager
- Jacaranda Health
- Durham, North Carolina
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Jacaranda Health aims to change the way maternal healthcare is provided in Africa by building and testing ways to provide high-quality, respectful maternity care at low cost. We serve thousands of women in our maternity hospital in Nairobi, and we work with academic and government partners to design, test, and evaluate innovations in service delivery in a growing network of public sector partner hospitals. We have built a world-class team, developed critical partnerships and support within Kenya, and sparked the interest of the global maternal health community.
We have a small team in the US supporting a team of 20+ in Kenya, and we have an energetic, cross-cultural spirit. We are seeking an experienced and responsible nonprofit finance professional to lead our US based finance, administration and operations.
This is your opportunity to use your business and organizational skills for a bold new challenge: to dramatically improve maternal health care in Africa. You will work closely with the Executive Director in the US (based in Durham and an Adjunct faculty at Duke University), and work hand in hand with our Kenya-based programs team, and our US-based Board Treasurer.
To learn more about Jacaranda, please visit our website www.jacarandahealth.org and recent impact report.
– Oversee U.S. and Kenya financial operations, including oversight of accounting and bookkeeping functions, reporting, audit oversight, and banking.
– Prepare, for Executive Director and Board of Directors, relevant consolidated financial reports including statement of activities, balance sheet, and cash flow projections.
– Gain a deep understanding of our Kenya operations, in order to present consolidated statements and budgets, and prepare financial analysis for decision making.
– Contribute to grant management in a financial role. This will include developing grant budgets, invoicing, management of restricted funds, and financial reports for external partners.
– Support systems for tracking and reporting operations in US and in partnership with Kenya – these will include donors, foundations, researchers, and partners that align with the Jacaranda Health mission.
– Manage human resources for a in the US, with oversight of payroll, reimbursements, benefits, and systems (the US team is small so this is a small responsibility)
– Ensure that all regulatory reports, including Federal Form 990 and any relevant state forms, are filed on time and with accuracy.
– Drive cycles of forecasting and annual budgeting.
Desired Skills and Experience
– Innovative mindset – open to new methods of working
– Detail and deadline oriented
– Willing to roll up sleeves and work—this is a small but mighty US staff!
– Strong business generalist, international experience very helpful
– Nonprofit finance background of at least five years, with understanding of non profit accounting
– Experience with Quickbooks and/or Quickbooks Online or similar accounting system
– Desirable: Experience with database and CRM systems
– BS or BA degree required, with MBA or CPA experience preferred
Location and Hours:
– Durham, NC
– 50% time preferred
– Flexible work environment
– Current BYD environment for computer and phone
Interested candidates may submit their applications via this link: https://jacaranda-health.workable.com/jobs/726141