Financial Analyst-Emerging Markets Lending
- Developing World Markets
- Stamford, CT
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Developing World Markets (DWM) seeks a financial analyst to join a team of international finance professionals and an active deal flow of debt. The analyst will be based in Stamford, CT, and will work closely with the Debt team in the development and marketing of the firm’s lending products and the management of client relationships globally. Limited overseas travel maybe be required.
The analyst will report directly to Head the Debt but will work closely with regional transactors covering markets across Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the suitability of investment opportunities based on financial strength and alignment with DWM’s fund management criteria
- Performing due diligence, credit analysis and financial analysis on financial institutions (e.g., banks and non-banking financial institutions) across emerging and frontier markets
- Drafting term sheets
- Preparing due diligence request lists and Preparing investment proposals and country and currency analyses
- Assisting in the development of new lending products
- Assisting in the preparation of transaction documentation
- Planning and participating in regional marketing trips and attending conferences
- Researching special projects and presenting results to senior management
Candidate must possess the following background and skill sets:
- A college degree, with relevant coursework in economics, finance and/or accounting
- Experience in commercial or investment banking, corporate finance, asset management and/or deal-oriented financial analysis, preferably in connection with emerging markets, international development, and/or social responsible investing
- Significant quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking abilities, and strong written and oral communications skills
- A strong work ethic, and an ability to learn quickly, manage multiple high priority projects and work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Professional demeanor and outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish preferred
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
DWM is at the forefront of a global effort to create investible solutions to meet the social and financial needs of the developing world. DWM structures transactions that open doors to the international capital markets for microfinance institutions and other socially positive organizations. To date, DWM has led or advised on more than USD 1BN of capital raised for socially positive investments. The DWM team has deep experience in investment banking and emerging markets investing, as well as a passionate interest shared with their clients in the social goals served by their transactions. For more information please visit our website: http://www.dwmarkets.com
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Lisette S. Palomino-Ukperaj at email@example.com.
Please no phone calls.