- Global Communities
- Silver Spring, MD or Remote
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Apply through organization website
- Where to Apply
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community.
Global Communities is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Development Finance team. This position is eligible for hybrid remote or fully remote in the United States.
The Financial Analyst develops projections for and monitors Global Communities’ micro and small enterprise lending subsidiaries and activities. These serve more than 80,000 clients with a portfolio of more than $260 million, mainly in the Middle East. Most of the portfolio is owned through the Vitas Group, Global Communities’ for-profit holding company.
The Financial Analyst develops and revises financial projections for existing and new institutions, as well as consolidates business plans from various subsidiaries. In addition, s/he monitors the credit portfolio, ensuring reports are accurate and delivered to stakeholders on time; supports digital transformation and data analysis throughout the network; and tracks and monitors budgets with department and Vitas Group.
Compensation: $52,800 – $66,000
As an organization working to advance public health, Global Communities has an obligation to model best practices and to do all we can to protect each other, our partners and the communities where we work. To ensure the continuity and effectiveness of our business operations, Global Communities is adopting a policy to safeguard the health of our visitors, employees, families, and the larger global community from COVID-19. Effective January 3, 2022, all U.S.-based Global Communities employees are required to provide proof of having received full dosage of COVID-19 vaccine that is FDA approved, approved for emergency use authorization, or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with Global Communities, as a condition of employment.
Responsibility Area: Reporting
– Receive monthly reports from subsidiaries and affiliates; review and clarify any questions or concerns
Responsibility Area: Financial Projections
– Prepare financial projections for Vitas Group management, Board, and potential investors, at least once a year. Projections will include various scenarios and will be linked to overall business strategy
Responsibility Area: Finance Support
– Assist external auditors, upon request, in clarifying notes to financial statements for Vitas Group and Global Communities
Responsibility Area: Budgeting
– Using frameworks established, review budget vs actual for subsidiaries, Vitas Group, Vitas Ventures, digital transformation, and cost centers under DF management
Responsibility Area: Digital Transformation and the role of EDAC (Embedded Data Analytics Champions)
– Represent Vitas Group at Data Analytics Competency Centre (DACC) which define standards and policies around data strategy & data analytics. Support the development of “single source of truth” principle, standardizing business terminologies & KPI’s across all subs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Commitment to financial inclusion by providing financial services that respond to low-income clients’ needs and foster the long-term development of individuals, businesses, families and communities
– Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of two years of related work experience or a minimum of six of related work experience
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.