Financial Markets and Information Manager
- FAST Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade
- Tanzania (or Kenya)
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Development of an investment guide about Tanzania agriculture SMEs. The guide is addressed to investors to help them size business opportunities and master the risk of investments at the same time attracting impact investments in Tanzania SMEs.
The guide will at least include the following
- An introduction (by FAST Secretariat)
- An executive summary
- A table of contents
- List of figures and tables
- List of acronyms
- The content of the guide:
I. A concise introduction to Tanzania and Tanzania market opportunities, economy and trade
II. A concise overview of the private investment climate
III. Special status of Tanzania agriculture sector and prohibitions if applicable.
IV. The peculiarities of the agriculture market
V. The agriculture market, how to answer the challenges and seize the opportunities of investing in SMEs
VI. Reasons to invest, risks and mitigation on agricultural SMEs.
VII. A few business cases (details below)
- An annex (see below for details)
- References (bibliography).
The content of the guide should notably have among others to:
- Inform about the size of the potential market and demand for main crops.
- Describe the production cycle (calendar) of the main crops that will be decided upon with FAST Project Officer Consultant.
- Describe potential ways to mitigate the risk of investing in agriculture SMEs, according to the different production phases, from pre-harvest to the market.
- Identify the calendar of disbursements and potential reimbursements of the funding in relation to each crop production calendar.
- Identify and suggest ways to mitigate the risk of overlapping production cycles.
- Identify and suggest potential ways of pivoting an investment project.