Financial Planning & Analysis Sr. Associate
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Contact: Liz KaragerogosHR and Operations Associatejobsfirstname.lastname@example.org
1. Lending Model Development, Maintenance, and Enhancement
a. Responsible for ongoing maintenance, development, and enhancement of the lending model in Adaptive Planning.
b. Responsible for coordinating with Lending and IT to ensure loan pipeline information is being tracked and stored in Salesforce with the required information and quality to be incorporated into the Lending Model.
c. Responsible for coordinating with the SKI Team (Social & Environmental Metrics), other FP&A team members (loan level OPEX and Cost of Funds allocations), the Treasury team (Foreign Exchange lending) to understand requirements related to reporting on and projecting these respective areas and building that functionality into the Lending Model.
d. Develop and implement new Lending model functionality as directed by the FP&A Manager and/or Director of Finance, including new metrics and improved projections methodologies (Repayments and Risk).
e. Design user-friendly front and back end interfaces. Work with FP&A Manager and/or Director of Finance to roll out trainings for field staff to begin using the model directly.
2. Management of Lending Projections
a. In coordination with the FP&A Manager and Director of Finance, manage the process of producing annual and long-term lending projections (plus projections of lending impact) using Salesforce pipeline projections fed into the Adaptive Planning Lending Model; including the periodic revision of those projections.
b. In coordination with the FP&A Manager and Director of Finance, work with Directors of Lending, Lending VPs, to coordinate the lending forecast process in each region and sub-region, including travel to certain field offices for annual planning kick-off meetings.
c. In coordination with the FP&A Manager work with lending team and credit risk team to develop assumptions for origination volume as well as revenue and risk rates. Introduce those assumptions into the Adaptive Planning model.
3. Finance Program Analysis & Reporting
a. Conduct monthly and quarterly financial analysis on Finance Program performance, including analysis by loan portfolio and region.
b. Prepare the lending sections of the monthly Internal Performance Report, the Quarterly Performance Report (QPR), the lending section of materials for the board book and other reports requested by the Director of Finance, senior lending staff, E-Team or board members at the discretion of the FP&A Manager.
c. Conduct profitability analysis at the loan level and loan officer level, and work together with the FP&A Manager and SKI team on analysis and reports that combine profitability and impact data.
d. In coordination with the FP&A Manager, work with Lending Team staff and Industry Analysis Manager to create analyses related to the performance and impact of new loan products, business improvement initiatives, and new business opportunities.
4. Lending Pricing & Provisioning Policy Support
a. Provide analysis and recommendations to support the review, revision and implementation of Root Capital’s lending pricing policy in order to align all aspects of pricing into one comprehensive policy that supports organizational goals. Analysis will initially focus on developing enhanced methods for calculating more risk and interest rate adjustments, improving local currency risk premium pricing strategy, and optimizing fee rate policies.
b. Provide analysis and recommendations to support the review, revision and implementation of Root Capital’s provisioning policy in order to ensure Root is adopting best practices in this area maintaining an allowance at a level sufficient to absorb future estimated inherent losses.
5. Other Projects & Ad-Hoc Analysis
a. Participate in Lean initiatives and related projects focusing on managing processes and improving them by reducing effort, compressing time, improving quality and prioritizing value to recipients.
b. Other projects or ad-hoc analysis requested by the FP&A Manager, Director of Finance, or SVP of Finance.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related quantitatively-intensive field and sufficient directly relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred. 4-6 years’ relevant work experience in finance, commercial lending, banking, or related field.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Spanish proficiency required.
· Experience with dimensional database systems (Adaptive Planning experience preferred).
· Relevant experience with research and quantitative data analysis.
· Strong writing, project management and communication skills.
· Experience with financial modeling.
· Orientation to excellence and strong attention to detail.
· Ability to relate model output to tangible program decision making.
· Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
· Passion for Root Capital’s mission of environmentally and socially responsible investing
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Commensurate with experience.
Applications and Nominations
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: email@example.com Please type “FP&A Sr. Associate” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “FP&A Sr. Associate – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.